BBC Sports Personality really bugs me.

Soldato
rayb74 said:
Some royal muppet gets it. Just like her interbred mum a few years back.

MMMmmm Surprise surprise.

BBC is full of royal asslickers anyway and this result just confirms what a load of B*****S it really is.
Perhaps a touch unnecessary.

Soldato
Smit said:
Fight top fighters more than once in over 5 years :p

To fight the likes of Bika, Ashira & now Manfredo in an 18 month time frame is absolutely disgraceful
Not his fault he's been trying to get good fights in america but he just can't attract them even though hes undefeated and demolished anything in his path, hopefully beating Manfredo (absolute joke btw he'll absolute pummel this guy to pieces) will get him some respect.

Soldato
its obvious that she won it coz of how well she is known.. in every single competition there is a gold medal winner but doesnt mean that you should have anything to do with sports personality awards... its hardly surprising that everyone says "fixed"

Deleted member 11679

D

Deleted member 11679

I'm a massive Jenson Button fan, but what on earth was he doing on the list? One GP win??? When he wins the title then he should be in the list.

Utter pap sports personality is sometimes...Calzaghe missed out and I'm not big on boxing but can appreciate how highly regarded he is. The one that really got it for me though was Theo Walcott. What the hell has he done this year besides sit on a substitutes bench? People forget the Commonwealth games and the fantastic performances earlier in the year. No recognition for some of the amazing swims in the pool in Australia or some of the track accomplishments.

Daft and utter pants.

Soldato
Vegeta said:
Not his fault he's been trying to get good fights in america but he just can't attract them even though hes undefeated and demolished anything in his path, hopefully beating Manfredo (absolute joke btw he'll absolute pummel this guy to pieces) will get him some respect.

Fighting Manfredo wont get him anything, Manfredo is not a top fighter.. He doesn't even come close.

Calzaghe pulled out of Johnson fight numerous times, refused to fight Kessler, refused Andrade, refused Mundine... (Kessler & Mundine are two of the best fighters at 168 and Calzaghe had the chance to fight either but didn't... Turned down Andrade who is a highly rated prospect because he was too dangerous and not enough of a reward... Refused to fight Beyer when Beyer was still the WBC champ).

Now he's going after Taylor... Good thing though being that Taylor said after Saturday night that he is staying at 160lbs :D

Soldato
The whole show was cobblers tbh, I remember once upon a time they actually used to show some sporting footage on the show reviewing the years action now because the beeb are too tight to pay sky for all the footage we get a dozen pointless awards to pad the show out with interspersed with 10 seconds of clips.

Theo Wallcott winning was a total **** take tbh at that point I hoped Monty won the main prize then we could just rename the show sports bench warmers of the year :p

Say what you like about Zara's achievements but the only reason she won it was because she was well known because of being a royal, a tiny percentage of the country gives a monkeys about eventing and the fact that the only 2 eventers ever to win the prize are her and her mum tells you all you need to know.

Soldato
wozzizname said:
How on earth did Zara Phillips win ?
Surely Calzaghe or Clarke were more deserving of the title, I don't think many people have heard of Zara Phillips let alone would have voted for her - something smells very fishy about this....

1 - Because she has become only the 3rd ever person to be European and World Champion at the same time.

2 - Because she showed great strength of character after losing a close friend whilst doing the same sport. Since that was most peoples argument for Darren Clarke winning it, i thought i'd just mention it.

It's a good thing that someone so high profile is at the top of her sport. She deserved it more than 6 or 7 others in that list of 10 anyway.

Man of Honour
What made me chuckle was at the start when they had Gred Rusedski trotting up on stage, followed by, er, Sir Steve Redgrave.

5 time Olympic Champion and Knight of the Realm alongside a Canadian whose list of titles is headed by the Mickey Mouse Cup and Donald Duck Trophy.

No disrespect to GR but he isn't even in remotely the same calibre.

Soldato
SpeedFreak said:
He'll spark Taylor next year I reckon. He can't make Middleweight anymore.

Well Taylor after beating Ouma said he makes Middleweight quite easily :p

In 2 of his last 3 fights he has weighed UNDER 160 lbs (less than 160). He wants the Wright rematch, HBO want the Wright rematch, his trainer & promoter want the Wright rematch.... So in short a Wright rematch is highly likely

Soldato
Smit said:
Well Taylor after beating Ouma said he makes Middleweight quite easily :p

In 2 of his last 3 fights he has weighed UNDER 160 lbs (less than 160). He wants the Wright rematch, HBO want the Wright rematch, his trainer & promoter want the Wright rematch.... So in short a Wright rematch is highly likely

Typical, he actually said that he was struggling to make it before the fight. Talked of stepping up to take on Calzaghe. One tough fight and my how he changes his tune :rolleyes:

Caporegime
Psycho Ned said:
The whole show was cobblers tbh, I remember once upon a time they actually used to show some sporting footage on the show reviewing the years action now because the beeb are too tight to pay sky for all the footage we get a dozen pointless awards to pad the show out with interspersed with 10 seconds of clips.

Theo Wallcott winning was a total **** take tbh at that point I hoped Monty won the main prize then we could just rename the show sports bench warmers of the year :p

Say what you like about Zara's achievements but the only reason she won it was because she was well known because of being a royal, a tiny percentage of the country gives a monkeys about eventing and the fact that the only 2 eventers ever to win the prize are her and her mum tells you all you need to know.

Indeed i have to admit that out of all the idiots there, none of them really deserved to win it tbh. Sadly this yr for english sport, there hasnt been much to celebrate about is there??.

Was surprised and shocked that some royal minger got the prize...perhaps they should have given it to Flintoff again:p. I didnt think any of the nominees deserved to be in there tbh...

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom