** BE THE CASE ALPHA WITH LIAN-LI - WITH A BLACK FRIDAY PREORDER DEAL! **

Associate
Crisis over :)

yep, now its just a case of how much airflow i've just sacrificed for the sake of it being so god damn pretty.

Im changing from a phanteks enthoo pro m glass but itll be a liquid cooled custom loop when i'm done and i'm still waiting for news on the rog formula x z370 availability for my 8700k so itll also have vrm cooling from the ek block. Ive just got to hope its got enough airflow to cool the board and other components without also suffocating the 2x 360 mm rads i intend putting in it. I think it'll have enough breeze not to cause any issues..

It sure does look pretty and its nice to see it featuring a proper usb 3.1 type c port/header. The only things id change based on looks etc is the black trim around the tempered glass on the white version should have been white trim and the io cover for the front panel looks to be a bit flimsy, it wouldve also been nice to get fans at top and bottom of a top mounted rad as it has a glass top that is screaming out to show rgb fans from above view but if you use a rad then there's no space for fans in push/pull to show rgb fans on both inside and outside of the top of the case so you have to sacrifice rgb fan view from one viewing angle, the gap between the top rad/fan mount and top of case isn't quite large enough to fit a second set of fans sadly (may also choke them of air even if you could get them in there), but overall it looks a stunning case with very nice vivid addressable rgb fans along with a nice controller with over 300+ lighting modes/effects.

Cant wait to get my hands on it! ill update and give me review/verdict on here once i do :)

Associate
yep, now its just a case of how much airflow i've just sacrificed for the sake of it being so god damn pretty.

Im changing from a phanteks enthoo pro m glass but itll be a liquid cooled custom loop when i'm done and i'm still waiting for news on the rog formula x z370 availability for my 8700k so itll also have vrm cooling from the ek block. Ive just got to hope its got enough airflow to cool the board and other components without also suffocating the 2x 360 mm rads i intend putting in it. I think it'll have enough breeze not to cause any issues..

It sure does look pretty and its nice to see it featuring a proper usb 3.1 type c port/header. The only things id change based on looks etc is the black trim around the tempered glass on the white version should have been white trim and the io cover for the front panel looks to be a bit flimsy, it wouldve also been nice to get fans at top and bottom of a top mounted rad as it has a glass top that is screaming out to show rgb fans from above view but if you use a rad then there's no space for fans in push/pull to show rgb fans on both inside and outside of the top of the case so you have to sacrifice rgb fan view from one viewing angle, the gap between the top rad/fan mount and top of case isn't quite large enough to fit a second set of fans sadly (may also choke them of air even if you could get them in there), but overall it looks a stunning case with very nice vivid addressable rgb fans along with a nice controller with over 300+ lighting modes/effects.

Cant wait to get my hands on it! ill update and give me review/verdict on here once i do :)

That's my concern.

I'm looking for a replacement for the Evolv I'm using so I can fit an E-ATX board in there and the only thing holding me back on this case is the possibility of poor airflow, just like the Evolv.

Soldato
Delivery came today minus a Lian-Li case! I have been told it is in another parcel that will come tomorrow? Not sure how or why they got separated considered they were all sent together, or why they were in two different parcels?

Soldato
Delivery came today minus a Lian-Li case! I have been told it is in another parcel that will come tomorrow? Not sure how or why they got separated considered they were all sent together, or why they were in two different parcels?
I have had exactly this today.

Had two parcels from DPD depot they claim the case is still at.

Associate
That's my concern.

I'm looking for a replacement for the Evolv I'm using so I can fit an E-ATX board in there and the only thing holding me back on this case is the possibility of poor airflow, just like the Evolv.

Ive also had an Evolv atx tg in the past, that was the very reason i changed it, its an absolutely great case and well built barring the airflow issues and its also a dream to build in but airflow for me was really bad and it was effecting my temps (was on air at the time). I do however believe it is now possible to buy pre-modified front and top panels with a choice of designs cut out of the aluminium along with mesh inserts that really get the best out of the evolv.
I love phanteks cases and so far they've made some great ones for great prices, but i also like eye candy as much as i do performance and that's why i'm prepared to sacrifice a bit of airflow for the looks this time around. I just hope this Lian-Li has that tad better airflow compared to the stock evolve.

I was also looking and liking the looks of the cooler master h500p prior to release (loved the top and front view panels) and although its not to everyone's taste, i really liked its appearance and was up for trying it out until i saw all the reviews and just how poor its quality was (perspex/plexi flimsy top and front panels instead of glass with having very restrictive airflow). This was such a shame as i loved those top/front windows and was a tad gutted it was made/designed so poorly, i felt it would be a long time until i saw anything similar but this Lian-Li (to me) looks to be like the h500p effort (with the showcase transparent front and top panels) but this seems to be done right with so many more improvements on so many more levels, its not got that plasticy cheap look about it like the h500p has and it also hasn't got that slight sci-fi kids toy look going on with the side meshing/vents, its deffo a bit more classy in my opinion (no offense to anyone who owns one lol).

Lets just hope and pray it can deliver a half decent flow because the quality and design of the case looks pretty good in every other aspect.

Associate

Had that last week but the opposite, ordered a case and some small stuff for a sunday delivery and got the case but not the few extra stuff to make it look good! They came on monday...

Soldato
I have had exactly this today.

Had two parcels from DPD depot they claim the case is still at.

You get your case today dude? Has it only got power_sw for the front panel? Also there is another cable that I can't figure out, L shape end looks like a SATA but isn't

Associate
You get your case today dude? Has it only got power_sw for the front panel? Also there is another cable that I can't figure out, L shape end looks like a SATA but isn't

I got mine today, yes, amazing case, absolutely stunning to look at, the only downsides i'd give it is it probably lacks airflow (however does still give enough not to be a huge issue) and the front i/o cover is a tad flimsy....Other than that i'm absolutely in love with it, when its up and running it looks even better in person than in any picture.

The 'L' shaped cable you're referring to is for the new USB 3.1 type c header for the front panel, you can only plug this into recent motherboards that have and support USB 3.1 type c with the right header on the board.

Associate
Any feedback on airflow in these cases befopre I pull the trigger? I am AIO cooling with a vega56 GPU
I'm not going to lie to you, the airflow is certainly a bit restrictive if you're really going for top performance and having the coolest possible temps is a priority to you. In honesty, there is some flow and more than enough for most users and if dusting or cleaning maintenance is no issue for you then airflow improves a fair bit with dust filters removed. The front fans are protruding out slightly into the front cover, meaning that half of the the side front vents has air intake coming from behind the fans with the other half just in front (if that makes sense). It's hard to explain but basically a lot of the air from the side vents for front fans has to do a 90 degree turn to get in front of the fans intakes.....its not as bad as it sounds, it does do ok (especially with fans ramped up a tad/sacrificing noise) they can shift enough air. its just not optimal.

Back
Top Bottom