Bean to Cup Coffee Machines 2021

Soldato
OP
No bother man, I too have at least £100 in accessories coming in the mail but I figured it’ll be worth it

That's the real kicker - buying all the accessories. I dread to think what it cost me altogether. Bottomless portafilter, tamper/distributor (Sage BE stock tamper is awful), tamping mat, scales, dosing cup, dosing funnel. So many bits and bobs.

My favourite is my WDT - made from a whisky cork and sewing needles. Nice n cheap :p

Soldato
OP
I made an "aerocano" this morning. Just one ice cube in my milk jug and a shot of espresso over it. Steamed until nice and hot then back in the warmed-up espresso cup.

I quite liked it. It's good to throw into the mix with my morning espresso.

Soldato
OP
I'm after a bean to cup machine, budget £500. What one involves the least faff? I want to get up in the morning and do as little as possible to get a decent coffee.
Or am i better off with a nespresso?
Nespresso or another pod machine would be minimal faff. If you want to use beans then a B2C machine like the Caffè Corso will sort you a black coffee out if you just keep bean and water levels up.
I had a Caffè Corso for years. It doesn't produce the same quality as the added-faff Barista Express.

Soldato
OP
just got some new beans - had to back the rocky grinder off from about 5 to 8, so the grind is about 60% larger, before it would go through the espresso machine,
I never saw that before and initially thought the espresso machine was broken ?
I've had this with some beans recently. Usually Rave's Fudge Blend or Espresso Blend are on grind 2 on mine. I ordered some Brazilian Mio Microlot from them (1990 and 2008) which needed to be ground at setting 5 or 6 as they choked the machine when I left it at 2.

Back
Top Bottom