Beerwulf - cheap online beer shop (well, for Belgian beers at least)

Soldato
Agreed, it is rather strong. I haven't tried the second or last you mention, but I'm a big fan of the others. (Sounds like an order needs placing :D)

The usual orders for me contain a few Affligem and Hoppebrau beers, both being amongst the cheapest they sell. Good for me :)

Soldato
Worth a try for sure, you can get Delirium Tremens from Tescos at £2.50 a bottle, or if you have an M&S nearby it's a similar price but on a 3 for 4 offer usually.

There is a code you can apply for 20% off your order this month: BEERWULF20

Soldato
I was in Amsterdam last week and had

Delirium Tremens (draft)
Delirium Nocturnum (draft)
Delirium Red (Wife) (draft)
La Guillotine (draft)
Affligem Blonde (draft and bottle)
Chimay peres Trappistes (bottle)
GrimBergens triple (bottle)
La Chouffe (seasonal dark on draft )
St. Bernardus Prior (bottle)
Rochefort 10 (bottle)
Affligem Double (bottle)

Myself and the wife liked La Guillotine + Affligem on draft as nice mild taste in the day time (11:30am lol )
I was surprised as the wife liked the Nocturnum
La Chouffe seasonal was nice a darkish red colour but not fruity or bitter

Associate
The LATENIGHT20 code caused them a few problems. Site crashed several times and in the end they changed to an automatic discount being applied. Over the weekend they did a WEEKEND20 code which worked but stocks seemed to be very low. I did manage to get the Trappist pack for a little over £32 pounds which seems excellent value. I think they may have underestimated the response they would get in the UK with these kind of offers.

Associate
Just thought I'd pop in a quick post as there doesn't seem to have been much activity on this thread lately. Beerwulf continues to offer the best prices of all the main players despite the fact that they have now withdrawn incentives such as a discount voucher if you sign up for the mailing list. Also a few beers on the site such as Delirium Tremens and Westmalle Dubbel are cheaper at Tescos. One tip for a 10% discount per order is to sign up with Quidco and access the Beerwulf site from there.

Lidl seem to have abandoned any form of Belgian beers recently which is a shame and as far as the rest of the supermarkets are concerned it seems to be primarily Leffe Blonde and Duvel. Nice to see Tesco doing the Duvel Tripel Hop which is a great IPA style beer. It would be good to hear if anyone has spotted great Belgian beers anywhere else. In the meantime I'm buying around one case a week from Beerwulf (16 bottles) which, after free next-day delivery and the 10% Quidco discount, costs around £35.00.

Soldato
Thats a lot of booze! :D

Not tempted to just order 4 cases at a time? Although suppose there's no incentive to do so.

I've generally just been picking up beers in supermarkets/local stores. I edge towards American IPA's so the current trend is excellent for me. For Belgian beers there's a local brewery with an on-site wine shop which has a decent selection and Waitrose stock a decent amount.

Soldato
One case a week is a lot!

I still like my Belgian ales but I don't drink every day. I also mix and match occasionally having other styles of beer with lower abv's.

Beerwulf prices have shot up a bit in general though. Interesting to note that the Sub uk moved across to Beerwulf as well.

Have you guys homed in on any particular favourites?

Soldato
@HungryHippos

Wow, there's some excellent beers available on the Sub now isn't there. Getting Delerium on tap would be lovely!

I think it's worth comparing it against the price of the bottles, one thing to bear in mind with the sub is;

You need the machine to use it.
The torps are 2L, which is the same as 6 x 33cl bottles.
The torps usually have a shorter shelf life than the bottles (only a few months typically).
Once you open the torps you need to drink it within a week or so.

Some of the beers are great but the torps cost a lot, especially comparing the volumes against the cost of 6 x bottles.

Associate
One case a week? A lot? Not just me drinking them though, it's a bit of a joint venture. ;)

Quite agree that the Torps don't represent particularly good value for money. Most work out dearer than the equivalent number of bottles and with the shorter shelf life I don't really see the point. Nice to have beer on tap though I suppose.

Back
Top Bottom