Beginner Z68AP-D3 guide for Intel i5 2500k

Associate
Only way to find out is to try it and if it does work, test in prime then once you done that lower the dynamic vcore a notch test , if ok do it again and again until unstable then once unstable bang it up a notch as lowest i got is 0.90 but at that it just became unstable put it to 1.00 and its stable now im currently trying to lower my Qtt abit.

Associate
Varkaniod, glad youre able to hold at 4,6 though think i may have a golden chip here as im able to get 5,6ghz booting up for 10minutes before i crash out and im at dynamic vcore for +120 atm. think if i whack the 160V on totalling at at 1.5V i may just have that stable, tweaking atm the other voltages dropping one by one and noting on paper what is working and what is not , hehe.

Soldato
I've gone back up to 4.8ghz with +0.160 stable. I think I might have found why it was crashing. I bought a new Benq monitor and installed their Display software. I've had the AMD drivers not responding and restarting and all sorts of weirdness I thought it was the overlock. Prime and 3dMark 11 were crashing or giving an error. It wasnt the overclock I uninstalled the display software and no more crashes. I think I will stick with 4.8ghz for the while and see about reducing the dynamic vcore.

Associate
Good i would suggest trying to lower the Vcore and when you finnaly get it stable you can set the memory back to TURBO than standard.

Atm im fully stable at 5.2 vcore at +0.120 , tempted to try 160 again with atleast 5.6 lol

Associate
3d Mark Vantage

As i dont own the newer mark.

But i get 82,000 @ 4.7 @ 5.1 i get around 88,678 ill show a SS
1956953_219323024923999_799147433_o.jpg

Associate
I tried this with the 4.4 Ghz set-up with a i7 and 16GB of ram and it wont post,so dropped it down to 4.Ghz and i still cant get it to post

Associate
Hi I am using the 4Ghz overclock on my 3570k,do I have to change anything in the Intel Turbo Boost Tech? at the moment its on auto which is 36,37 and 38 I think!
After lurking on this forum I thought I would give something back, and put these setting up to help beginners have a easy start in over clocking with the Gigabyte Z68AP-D3.

This is specifically for the Gigabyte Z68AP-D3). Its based on the setup overclockers sell their bundles with and was partly pulled from another thread (I would give credit if I could remember which one!):

I have highlighted the memory tweaks in blue, so don't worry about those till you have it running stable at 4.4Ghz. You should know the memory setting are based on 1600Mhz DDR3 RAM so don't bother tweaking the memory setting if you have 1333Mhz Ram installed.

To get into the bios screen press the "delete" key when the bios screen shows on restarting the computer.

---------------------------------------------------------------------
4Ghz set-up (should run on auto settings for most people)

M/B Intelligent Tweaker

Advanced Frequency Settings - type in 40 - press "enter"
Now press F10 and press "y" then enter.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
4.4 Ghz set-up

M/B Intelligent Tweaker

Advanced Frequency Settings - 44x
CPU Ratio - 44x
Advanced CPU Core Features - Press Enter
Internal CPU PLL Overvoltage - Enabled
Real Time Ratio Change in O/S - Enabled
Intel Turbo boost tech - Auto
Turbo power limit (watts) - set to 150
Core current limits (Amps) - set to 150
Intel Turbo boost tech - Disabled
Press Esc
System Memory Multiplier - 16.00
Press Esc

Advanced Memory Settings - Press Enter
Performance Enhance - Standard
set the next line down to quick
Channel A - Press Enter
9-9-9-28 - then command rate 2
Press Esc

Advanced Voltage Settings - Press Enter
Load-line Calibration - Enabled
Dynamic Vcore - +0.050v
Dram Voltage - 1560v

Now press F10 and press "y" then enter.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Associate
Having a problem with my Gigabyte Z68AP-D3. It was fine last night when I went to bed but to day it wont boot up. All it does is spin the fans for a few seconds and shut down. Tried taking all the stuff out of it and just left it with one stick of memory and a hard drive and even tried anothe PSU and its still doing the same. Is this my board or CPU that has gone.

Soldato
Quick question guys

Should there be a small light lit up on the motherboard even when the PC is turned off ?

Thanks

Yes its normal.

Which revision do you have 1.2 or 2.0 ? You could try copying the backup BIOS over before it POSTS I think its hold down ALT and F12 when you power up. Should reboot itself then go into BIOS menu or bring up a message saying your settings have changed press F1 to enter BIOS.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom