Belgian Grand Prix 2012, Spa-Francorchamps - Race 12/20

Man of Honour
Can't wait. Do I order pizza or Chinese... Hmm difficult questions.

I hope button does well, but can see him just going backwards.

Soldato
Tobias Grüner F1 ‏@tgruener

#f1 Some fuss about tyres in the #Spa paddock. Red Bull noticed dangerous high tyre wear and want all teams to make 3 stopps mandatory.

Tobias Grüner F1 ‏@tgruener

#f1 #Spa Bernie talking to @PaulHembery right now about potential tyre issues. I heard, medium tyres last for about 14 laps after start.

No idea how reliable.

Soldato
Hard As a Mother******.

This is more interesting:

It shows that Lewis lost all of his time down the straights.

Not really surprising given he's running a high-downforce set up but interesting to see the graphical evidence.

alexander wurz ‏@alex_wurz

@NobleF1 @lewishamilton, could you also tweet the race strategy and set up sheet. Thanks mate

:p

Edit: ^ Didn't Red Bull complain about wear issues last year and it turns out they were running more than the 'safe' recommended camber? And didn't other teams not have the problem? If the above is true, then that's just silly. I don't think I've heard complains from anyone else...

Man of Honour
They're just doing damage limitation. If you are hard on the tyres, pit more. It's that simple.

You can't blame them for trying though.

Man of Honour
Did they play a new tooned ep in quali build up?

Not yet.

Enjoyed that feature with Brundle going round the old Spa roads :)

F1 certainly used to be mental in the old days!

Ooooh....that Eagle E-Type is lovely.
More importantly, it works. ;)

No idea how reliable.

Not sounding that reliable. Paul Hembrey of Pirelli saying that 2 stops is the most likely.

Could be Red Bull running over the recommended camber settings to get more grip in the corners, but will overheat and wear the inner edges on the straights.

Man of Honour
Schumacher's down an engine.

Had to pull it out of the car last night. So it now can only be used for practice sessions. And it was a new one.... That'll hurt.

Soldato
Paul Hembery ‏@PaulHembery

“@tgruener: #f1 #Spa Bernie talking to @PaulHembery right now” We were talking about something else, what rubbish.

Paul Hembery ‏@PaulHembery

“@Mat_avfc: @PaulHembery no mandatory 3 stops then? What a farce.” Total BS

There we go :)

Soldato
Ello everyone! :)

Just scoffed some cheese on toast, so glad the F1 is back.

Got my new kittens the day before the last race before the break, so i've been pretty busy in the last 5 weeks. Hope everyone else has been keeping well.

Couldn't believe that stat about Jenson's first pole for bloody yonks, here's hoping he can hold onto it :)

Back
Top Bottom