Belgian Grand Prix 2012, Spa-Francorchamps - Race 12/20

Soldato
Hi, I would have thought that if they fit a high downforce rear wing then that has to be balanced out with a complimentary front wing otherwise the car will understeer because the grip at the rear will be greater..
Chris

You would, but the front wing is less of an issue, drag wise, as the the air that would otherwise flow over the wing would end up hitting something anyway.

I doubt they have special rear wings for Spa anyway - I'd imagine most teams are using similar wings to Hungary, but just shallower depths. I have noticed most teams have adopted less complex front wings though - particularly standardish endplates have returned to some teams, rather than the myriad of curves other teams still have kept.

Most teams will have special Monza rear wings though - I guess the front wings will largely be the same as Spa, again just with shallower angles to find the right balance.

Last edited:
Soldato
He will equal it this race if in the points. However when MS done it then never had points down to 10th but then again MS was in a pretty dominant car :D

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

I can see pastor punting someone off at Eau Rouge / some kind of massive first corner incident.

Taking out Alonso would really set up the championship :D

Soldato
So OCUK instead of hoping to win races there is 10 of them left are now praying for others to take out Alonso, says it all :) no faith in your own drivers to win on track?

Man of Honour
OP
So OCUK instead of hoping to win races there is 10 of them left are now praying for others to take out Alonso, says it all :) no faith in your own drivers to win on track?

If you actually read what people said, it would keep the WDC tighter. No-one "really" thinks/wants that.

Man of Honour
OP
Updated starting grid for tomorrow -

Code:
Pos  Driver              Car
 1.  Jenson Button       McLaren-Mercedes
 2.  Kamui Kobayashi     Sauber-Ferrari
 3.  Kimi Raikkonen      Lotus-Renault
 4.  Sergio Perez        Sauber-Ferrari
 5.  Fernando Alonso     Ferrari
 6.  Pastor Maldonado    Williams-Renault
 7.  Lewis Hamilton      McLaren-Mercedes
 8.  Romain Grosjean     Lotus-Renault
 9.  Paul di Resta       Force India-Mercedes
10.  Sebastian Vettel    Red Bull-Renault
11.  Nico Hulkenberg     Force India-Mercedes
12.  Mark Webber         Red Bull-Renault
13.  Michael Schumacher  Mercedes
14.  Felipe Massa        Ferrari
15.  Jean-Eric Vergne    Toro Rosso-Ferrari
16.  Daniel Ricciardo    Toro Rosso-Ferrari
17.  Bruno Senna         Williams-Renault
18.  Heikki Kovalainen   Caterham-Renault
19.  Vitaly Petrov       Caterham-Renault
20.  Timo Glock          Marussia-Cosworth
21.  Pedro de la Rosa    HRT-Cosworth
22.  Charles Pic         Marussia-Cosworth
23.  Nico Rosberg        Mercedes
24.  Narain Karthikeyan  HRT-Cosworth

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/102150

Associate
Christ, what did I start in this thread ...

Alonso is overdue a low/no score, but with five contenders from three teams, I think he can afford a bad result or two if his car stays reasonably competitive.

Soldato
Christ, what did I start in this thread ...

Alonso is overdue a low/no score, but with five contenders from three teams, I think he can afford a bad result or two if his car stays reasonably competitive.

Why is he overdue it? He is driving brilliantly?

Soldato
Its only record equalling cause of the points system, if it was the same system as MS done then Alonso would have got to 14 races in the points.

Yeah it will come to an end but not because it's overdue :)

Back
Top Bottom