Belgian Grand Prix 2012, Spa-Francorchamps - Race 12/20

smr

smr

Soldato
Alonso must be grinning from ear to ear. Only Raikkonen/Button in front, and Maldonado between him and Hamilton with Webber and Vettel outside the top ten.

I don't hate or really dislike Alonso or anything but it would be good to see him out of the points or just collecting 1 or 2 points tomorrow. He's certainly had his rub of the green, must end sometime soon.

What was wrong with Massa's car in FP1 btw?

Associate
I don't hate or really dislike Alonso or anything but it would be good to see him out of the points or just collecting 1 or 2 points tomorrow. He's certainly had his rub of the green, must end sometime soon.

What was wrong with Massa's car in FP1 btw?

Old engine blew I think. It was at the end of its life anyway according to Ferrari.

Soldato
22. Pedro de la Rosa HRT-Cosworth 1m53.030s + 4.037s
23. Charles Pic Marussia-Cosworth 1m53.493s + 4.500s
24. Narain Karthikeyan HRT-Cosworth 1m54.989s + 5.996s

Biggest team-mate gap this season? :p

Soldato
Oh I don't know about that, I've heard his angry little Spanish voice over the radio often enough to know he can definitely get the red mist at times.

He does indeed get angry and vents his frustration over the radio. But i have not seen him recently vent that frustration out on track and end up making an error.

The guy is currently the most complete driver in F1 and doesn't seem to know how to make a bad decision/error.

I'd have loved it if he had started his career 10 years earlier, so that he would've gone toe to toe with MSc in his prime. That would've been one heck of a battle.

Caporegime
There's a big difference between getting annoyed so you take your eye off the ball and end up in an incident, and getting angry and driving into someone.

The first group contains a lot of drivers, while the second is pretty much the Maldonado club :p

Man of Honour
Contrary to popular belief, I think this weekend shows that McLaren quite possibly have the best simulator work being done.

Due to no running on Friday and only 1 hour yesterday, Button had to use simulator settings and the rear wing spec developed for Spa and Monza. Turns out it's pretty much bang on for him.

Hamilton didn't immediately get on with the new rear wing, so reverted to old spec and as of result hasn't faired too well.

Soldato
Hard As a Mother******.

This is more interesting:

Lewis Hamilton Twitter said:
@LewisHamilton: In engineering, just been shown this, overlay of mine & jensons qualifying lap on a speed trace.This is what http://yfrog.com/oe2vzixj

@LewisHamilton: The doted line is the time line. Downwards means I lose time to Jenson, up means I gain time.

It shows that Lewis lost all of his time down the straights.

Not really surprising given he's running a high-downforce set up but interesting to see the graphical evidence.

Last edited:
Caporegime
It's going to make overtaking difficult for him. He will need to use DRS to get past and then nail S2 to ensure he's got a good gap so they don't cruise back up to him in S3.

Soldato
It's going to make overtaking difficult for him. He will need to use DRS to get past and then nail S2 to ensure he's got a good gap so they don't cruise back up to him in S3.

Love how you just assume he is going to be overtaking those ahead, maybe should be more worried about those behind overtaking him since he is slow on the straights.

Back
Top Bottom