Belgian Grand Prix 2012, Spa-Francorchamps - Race 12/20

Associate
I don't often pop in the F1 threads any more but feel compelled. The summer break sucks (for a fan at least) and I'm so glad its over, even booked the weekend off work so I can vegetate and watch all the coverage.

Soldato
Thank God the BBC have this one, I would have gone mental if it was the four week break and then 5+ hour delay to wait for edited highlights

Then go to the pub for the footy (although that might not be such a good idea if JB doesnt do well, I may not get to work in a fit condition :D)

Associate
Toro Rosso spotted testing their Spa low downforce, mega DRS package:

Impressionen-Formel-1-GP-Ungarn-Budapest-25-Juli-2012-19-fotoshowImageNew-3665acdd-615454.jpg

:D

Caporegime
I get the feeling any over takes there will be over long before the braking zone like last year.
I would like to see a DRS zone after turn 19 as its not a huge straight but it should be enough to let someone have a go into turn 1.
in theory you could even use the time the DRS saves you heading into turn 1 to take a wide line and get better acceleration out of the corner to try an overtake before eau rouge like webber did on alonso last year.

it always seems like charlie or whoever decides would rather just give the overtaking car a great whopping advantage rather than just provide enough of an advantage to allow the attacking driver to have a go

Back
Top Bottom