Belgian Grand Prix 2012, Spa-Francorchamps - Race 12/20

Soldato
Pirelli believes that the decision to bring its hardest tyres to the Belgian Grand Prix should allow drivers to push to the maximum in the race.

In a year when there has been a lot of focus on managing tyre degradation through races, Pirelli motorsport director Paul Hembery is hoping that this weekend's race at Spa-Francorchamps is not impacted by drivers having to be conservative with their speed.

"From a tyre perspective, it's certainly one of the most demanding circuits that we face all year, because of the high speeds and extreme forces involved, which are often acting on the tyres in more than one dimension," he said.

"The nomination of the hard and the medium tyres will allow drivers to push hard from start to finish, which is what Spa was designed for."

The characteristics of this year's rubber played its part in helping F1 deliver seven different winners from the first seven races - and Hembery thinks the campaign remains wide open as it heads to the final races.

"The first half of the season began with the most close and competitive start to a year ever seen in Formula 1's history, so I am looking forward to seeing how the rest of 2012 pans out, and which teams have made which steps forward over the summer break," he said.

"Currently the grid is so closely-matched – particularly in the midfield – that it's impossible to predict."

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/102010

Caporegime
Hard and Medium don't matter, they'll be using the inters only :p:p

The fact its pretty much certain to rain is the one scrap of positives I'm holding on to about watching this on my warm and dry sofa while all the rest of my family will be sat on the bank at Pouhon in the rain! :D

:(

Associate
Caporegime
Interesting that when the BBC have the race on live, the Sky figures drop off.

Not really. It just means that there are some Sky Sports F1 subscribers who prefer to watch the BBC live coverage when given the choice, which is to be expected.

I'm more surprised by the significant number of people watching the BBC highlights. Seems to be as many as watched the BBC live last year, sometimes more.

Last edited:

smr

smr

Soldato
255540_262429037206994_1577106414_n.jpg

JEZUS!

:D

Caporegime
those bbc vs sky statistics are the basic ones.

theres a thread on the autosport forum with the detailed statistics showing how many watched the full program , how many only watched 5minutes etc

its possible for someone to release extremely biased statistics which show either channel as the most popular

Soldato
those bbc vs sky statistics are the basic ones.

theres a thread on the autosport forum with the detailed statistics showing how many watched the full program , how many only watched 5minutes etc

its possible for someone to release extremely biased statistics which show either channel as the most popular

It was done by BARB who do all the tv statistics :rolleyes:
Now try and bring MSC in to this post :D:p

Caporegime
Trolling the guy already, some things never change

what i meant was you can either choose to make a graph with the average viewing figure for the whole program including pre/post race content as the figures released are viewers at certain intervals generally every 10mins or so.
or you can make a graph with just the average taken from the actual race start to race finish.
or you can take the peak viewer count which is massively down from 2011

https://twitter.com/Jamesallenonf1/status/202301179613544448

but as expected on ocuk i cant make a post without a bunch of ***** trolling me posting BS as usual

you can choose to make a graph which which ever you want to suit your agenda or you could choose to combine them all and post a more clear picture of how the viewing figures are compared to last year.

its pretty obvious the peak viewing figure has plummeted which surely should be quite alarming, the bbc were doing a lot of promotion and getting new viewers to turn in even if they didnt watch the full coverage

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom