Belgian Grand Prix 2012, Spa-Francorchamps - Race 12/20

Soldato
Lol. So none of the top teams will touch Hamilton because of 1 fairly tame tweet? Really, people think that? :rolleyes:

And why would his management be trying to get RBR to sign him when there isn't a space?

Edit: JB didn't have a panic attack. He was wearing a wetsuit that was too small for him and had issues breathing.

No they just don't want him in general it seems. There was space at Red Bull when Webber was not signed, as you kept going on about how Lewis could go there as most on here will remember.

And Jenson said he had a panic attack due to the suit on the Jonathan Ross show.

Associate
No they just don't want him in general it seems.

Didn't want him or weren't willing to pay what he is demanding? :p Mclaren have already indicated that they expect him to take a pay cut. I know Button is on far less and it would be interesting to know what Vettel/Webber/Kimi/Alonso are on relative to Lewis. Lewis is probably the most valuable driver for PR purposes as he appeals to a non core F1 market but even so perhaps he is asking too much. Although I can't see Mclaren actually replacing him so he just has to hang on and I imagine they will eventually pay up.

Associate
Rumours going round that Lewis management has been trying to get him into Red Bull, Mercedes and Ferrari but have got nowhere, wonder if he has burnt his bridges at McLaren as well now?

I am surprised Button said that, he is usually more diplomatic. He should have just said it was a matter for the team tbh. I think he was riled by the reports over the weekend that he should give up trying to win and just support Lewis instead as he mentioned that a couple of times in interviews.

Caporegime
Lol. So none of the top teams will touch Hamilton because of 1 fairly tame tweet? Really, people think that? :rolleyes:

I'd imagine none of the top teams want a driver they have to micro manage and go out of the way to make sure he doesnt do or say something stupid.

I was starting to think he had his head screwed on and he was in the right place but I guess not.

Before the season didn't he say he would collect points and not take any risks ?
he could have collected some points at spa if he remembered that and let grosjean out accelerate him and been ready to get back past on the next lap with drs

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

Oh dear.. Are we forgetting Monaco? Perhaps Schumacher should have done the same?

Caporegime
Oh dear.. Are we forgetting Monaco? Perhaps Schumacher should have done the same?
did you actually watch monaco?
try listening to the engine revs or looking at how schumacher was accelerating faster than grosjean and then he wasnt
im sure if he didnt back off his suspension wouldnt have been intact....

Last edited:
Caporegime
Looks like Grosjean is no stranger to pushing people off the track then, I wonder if the stewards looked at past behaviour also when they considered the race ban.

grosjean got squeezed by alonso

theres another onboard from alonso or someone behind him that shows alonso squeezing grosjean to make a gap that wasnt there but i cant find it on youtube

monaco mainly happened because grosjean and hamilton got fairly poor starts compared to alonso and schumacher

Soldato
Before the season didn't he say he would collect points and not take any risks ?
he could have collected some points at spa if he remembered that and let grosjean out accelerate him and been ready to get back past on the next lap with drs.

:rolleyes:

He probably wasn't expecting someone to squeeze him and then keep going!

By the time he had realised, it was too late and their wheels were interlocked, meaning if he had lifted the result would have been the same.

I'm not defending Hamilton's tweets, or his attitude in general (I really don't like this wannabe rap star act) but I don't agree with those who are suggesting he could or should have done anything differently at the start of Spa.

I didn't realise about his Aunt (or JB's failed triathlon), I just hope he has a clear head this weekend and has a better race.

Last year his headspace was clearly getting in the way of his driving. The first half of this year he seemed to have sorted himself out but the team kept letting him down. I really hope Spa was a blip and we don't see him descend into the Hamilton of 2011.

He makes it really hard to support him sometimes.

Caporegime
he could have collected some points at spa if he remembered that and let grosjean out accelerate him and been ready to get back past on the next lap with drs

*sigh*

If he did that everytime a driver was alongside him on a straight he would probably finish last every race :rolleyes:

Caporegime
Let him off that one, he's followed the ms school of wheel to wheel racing where you wait for pitstops or punt them off/cut off the race track, run them wide etc.

Mario kart wheel to wheel skills!

Soldato
I GUESS you are wrong, feel free to go and do the math. Make sure you add in the points where JB wiped out LH for a win. Or the endless Pastor swipes.

Good luck sorting through it all :D

except JB didnt wipe out LH - as proven by the race stewards on the day (and telemetry for the laps before and laps after where JB went across the EXACT same racing line, if LH decides to go for hole that was never there, thats his issue not JB's)

Not surprised you came out with that though

Soldato
Dear god he is awful, give someone like rubens that seat :<

Not happening. If he can't develop\set up the relatively lower-tech DW12, and hasn't shown any real speed in Indycar (compare his results to Kanaan's) then why would any F1 teams want him? Maybe for his sponsorship, but Maldonado brings £29.4 million...and I'm sure Bruno Lalli\Senna's sponsorship is greater than the package Rubens is running with at KVR.

Man of Honour
Not happening. If he can't develop\set up the relatively lower-tech DW12, and hasn't shown any real speed in Indycar (compare his results to Kanaan's) then why would any F1 teams want him? Maybe for his sponsorship, but Maldonado brings £29.4 million...and I'm sure Bruno Lalli\Senna's sponsorship is greater than the package Rubens is running with at KVR.

Rubens is a nice guy.

Back
Top Bottom