Belgian Grand Prix 2012, Spa-Francorchamps - Race 12/20

Permabanned
when do we find out about driver contracts and whether they'll be switching or remaining in their current teams?

Also did Kimmi drive for Ferrari at one point? I can't remember.

Soldato
If those people where in place in '97 , MS would have been banned for life from 98 onwards......... actually that wouldnt have been so bad after all :D

Soldato
However, what the story does do is raise questions about Hamilton’s state of mind at the moment. Why on earth would a driver want to tweet his team’s telemetry? Anyone who has any idea about the sport will have known that there was no way that Button and Hamilton would be that far apart were it not for different set-ups, and so one is left wondering who Hamilton was trying to impress. Certainly, any team thinking of hiring the British driver would have realised the situation and, as a result of the tweet, would be LESS likely to sign him on the basis that the tweet showed an unexpected and unreliable side to his character that has not been clearly seen up to now.

There are many in F1 who feel that perhaps Hamilton lives in a bubble that is today far removed from the real world. If he is going to take on the likes of Fernando Alonso and Sebastian Vettel in a fight for the World Championship, Lewis needs to rely on more than his natural talent. There is no question that he is a great driver, but he needs to be able to relate to the people around him in the garage, and at the factory. Ask Ferrari about Alonso and they will tell you that he spends a lot of time at Maranello. And the people in the garage are not going to be impressed if you are tweeting such things.

Winning is all about the people and if you want to win in F1 you need to spend more time in Milton Keynes or Woking than in Hollywood.

http://joesaward.wordpress.com/2012/09/04/a-lot-of-twittering/

smr

smr

Soldato
It's high time Lewis forgot about his stupid celebrity "wannabee rapstar" life and focus more on racing, Formula 1, his team, and the people in his team.

Soldato
Another bit of interesting info ...

In the 2 1/2 seasons Jenson and Lewis have raced together Jenson has out scored Lewis 585 - 584

That's interesting.
I would never have guessed.
Based on that, Button and Hamilton are both as good as each other, when being looked at as Championship drivers.

And in general, points do not lie UNLESS a driver has been ridiculously unlucky.

Associate
I actually lost of a lot of respect for Hamilton this weekend and where he was my number 1 driver, now I really am not so sure.

However small the damage it caused, why the hell would you tweet some of the stuff he did over the weekend, especially the telemetry.

He needs to focus on his driving and stop being a hollywood plum (beginning to sound like last season)

smr

smr

Soldato
I actually lost of a lot of respect for Hamilton this weekend and where he was my number 1 driver, now I really am not so sure.

However small the damage it caused, why the hell would you tweet some of the stuff he did over the weekend, especially the telemetry.

He needs to focus on his driving and stop being a hollywood plum (beginning to sound like last season)

imo he saw red that his team mate had spanked him in Qualifying and felt like having no other choice but saying "well yeah he did beat me but look at this"... his brain isn't able to think further ahead than what's straight in front of him which probably also explains why, unlike Button and Alonso, he has the inability to map out an entire Grand Prix race in his mind before racing it.

I mean obviously he couldn't have been thinking rationally or well ahead of himself for tweeting the telemetry and this is further ratified by Jenson in the following quote:

"The bit about him losing 0.6 secs on the straights isn't the bit that's important to me because he should be gaining it back in the corners he's got more downforce on. And I was 0.8 secs quicker in qualifying anyway."

So if Lewis had taken a breath after Qualifying and calmed down a bit he might have given that a thought and not bothered posting the pic in the first place!

Just a theory.

Last edited:
Caporegime
If those people where in place in '97 , MS would have been banned for life from 98 onwards......... actually that wouldnt have been so bad after all :D
or if they were in place earlier senna would be banned for life and would never have died inside an F1 car :( then schumacher wouldnt have learned dirty driving from senna and he wouldnt have rammed villenueve in 97 :D

see what i did there? what about that other guy seen as a fair and clean racer didnt he get a race ban for the hakkinen chop ? a move similar to grosjeans

Last edited:
Soldato
Another bit of interesting info ...

In the 2 1/2 seasons Jenson and Lewis have raced together Jenson has out scored Lewis 585 - 584

I would also GUESS that JB has had more technical failures (while in good point scoring positions) / retirements compared to Lewis as well

hmm saying that the other day probably balances that out a little more (as it clearly wasnt LH's fault that he retired - equal to Vettel side swipping JB out of 2nd a few years ago lol

imo he saw red that his team mate had spanked him in Qualifying and felt like having no other choice but saying "well yeah he did beat me but look at this"... his brain isn't able to think further ahead than what's straight in front of him which probably also explains why, unlike Button and Alonso, he has the inability to map out an entire Grand Prix race in his mind before racing it.

I mean obviously he couldn't have been thinking rationally or well ahead of himself for tweeting the telemetry and this is further ratified by Jenson in the following quote:

"The bit about him losing 0.6 secs on the straights isn't the bit that's important to me because he should be gaining it back in the corners he's got more downforce on. And I was 0.8 secs quicker in qualifying anyway."

So if Lewis had taken a breath after Qualifying and calmed down a bit he might have given that a thought and not bothered posting the pic in the first place!

Just a theory.

Maybe I misread something on the original BBC article/ misheard the intro on Sunday, but I was under the impression the twitter thing happened Sunday (ie well after the finish of qualifying)

which if this is true far worse, because Lewis DID do it after thinking and waiting several hours?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom