Belgian Grand Prix 2012, Spa-Francorchamps - Race 12/20

I actually lost of a lot of respect for Hamilton this weekend and where he was my number 1 driver, now I really am not so sure.

However small the damage it caused, why the hell would you tweet some of the stuff he did over the weekend, especially the telemetry.

Maybe he thought it was ok because Vodafone Mclaren facebook show telemetry all the time.
Oh well that was last week...time to move on.

The telemetry thing is a bit odd. It has hand written notes on it, and he had taken a photo of it. I highly doubt that he snuck a piece of paper out of a team meeting and wrote the notes on it himself in secret and took a sly photo.

I expect it was done with the full knowledge of a number of his engineers in a team meeting, posted online thinking nothing really off it, and then afterwards realised it probably wasn't the cleverest thing to do.

The telemetry thing is a bit odd. It has hand written notes on it, and he had taken a photo of it. I highly doubt that he snuck a piece of paper out of a team meeting and wrote the notes on it himself in secret and took a sly photo.

I expect it was done with the full knowledge of a number of his engineers in a team meeting, posted online thinking nothing really off it, and then afterwards realised it probably wasn't the cleverest thing to do.

pfft yeah right, Lewis is always being sneaky in that Mclaren garage.

his brain isn't able to think further ahead than what's straight in front of him which probably also explains why, unlike Button and Alonso, he has the inability to map out an entire Grand Prix race in his mind before racing it.

such a worn out cliche that has been proved wrong so many times

almost as bad as the "he cant manage his tyres" cliche and the "vettel cant overtake" cliche

Last edited:
I would also GUESS that JB has had more technical failures (while in good point scoring positions) / retirements compared to Lewis as well

hmm saying that the other day probably balances that out a little more (as it clearly wasnt LH's fault that he retired - equal to Vettel side swipping JB out of 2nd a few years ago lol

I GUESS you are wrong, feel free to go and do the math. Make sure you add in the points where JB wiped out LH for a win. Or the endless Pastor swipes.

Good luck sorting through it all :D

While McLaren have decided not to take any action against Hamilton, Button admitted to being let down by his team-mate's actions.

"I'll say disappointed," Button said of his feelings on the matter. "We work so hard to improve the car and to keep things like that private.

"I didn't want to see it on Twitter. It was the whole telemetry from qualifying. It wasn't just the rear wing. I was very surprised and disappointed."

While Hamilton may have been left frustrated by the weekend's action, Button enjoyed quite the opposite, winning the race from pole

Rumours going round that Lewis management has been trying to get him into Red Bull, Mercedes and Ferrari but have got nowhere, wonder if he has burnt his bridges at McLaren as well now?

Rumours going round that Lewis management has been trying to get him into Red Bull, Mercedes and Ferrari but have got nowhere, wonder if he has burnt his bridges at McLaren as well now?
I think the Joe Saward quote/article posted earlier supposed that any team thinking of signing Lewis might not now want to because the tweet of the telemetry shows F1 that Lewis is prone to doing things like this and Joe Saward is thinking teams might not want someone like this in their team.

I don't think he'll leave McLaren, and even less likely that he'll end up without ANY drive but I do think that part of the reason that McLaren aren't too upset publicly with Lewis tweeting telemetry is that surely McLaren can now justify offering Lewis a lower basic salary. Every race Lewis wins between the beginning of the contract discussions and him signing a deal (assuming he stays at McLaren) he can demand more. Every time he prats around releasing technical secrets into the wider world, McLaren know he's just saved them a few £££ a year on his next contract. :D

mercedes refused his management team awhile back according to rumours and i dont see why they would approach ferrari considering alonso would never want him as a team mate again.

kimi + hamilton would be pretty cool but I don't expect lotus to be as competitive next season.

mclaren is surely the only option if he wants a title shot at any point in the future? maybe the team is siding with button though its obvious who whitmarsh prefers.

I think the Joe Saward quote/article posted earlier supposed that any team thinking of signing Lewis might not now want to because the tweet of the telemetry shows F1 that Lewis is prone to doing things like this and Joe Saward is thinking teams might not want someone like this in their team.

I used to read the same after Alonso poo'd all over Mclaren. That he was stuck at Renault and who would want him after he was cheating, threatened his own team boss and sulked and pouted his way through 2007.

The thing with Lewis is he was coming off the back of a win and has peed all over JB on saturdays this year. Why did his head burst the one of the few times this year JB will beat him on a saturday?

I don't think he wants to be there anymore and it's frustrating him there's no where to go. I think to stay he wants to sign a short deal to give him options to go, but Mclaren are too savvy.

I wouldn't blame him for wanting out, Mclaren can't get their **** together to have any kind of consistency in a car. They are either playing catch up or making stupid errors when they should be nailing a lead down.

The thing with Lewis is he was coming off the back of a win and has peed all over JB on saturdays this year. Why did his head burst the one of the few times this year JB will beat him on a saturday?

I like Hamilton, but I'm far from a fan. On this occasion though, and this is by no means justification for what he did and how he performed, he had some personal problems. He spent most of the last 2 weeks in hospital with his aunt who subsequently passed away.

One can argue until the cows come home about whether or not things like this should affect an individual, but it is possible that it did. One could equally say the same about Jenson - he held his first triathlon tournament - he's pretty good at this - and failed to finish after having a panic attach on the outward swim.

At the end of the day all drivers are human, but some will be affected by their surrounding influences more than others.

Lol. So none of the top teams will touch Hamilton because of 1 fairly tame tweet? Really, people think that? :rolleyes:

And why would his management be trying to get RBR to sign him when there isn't a space?

Edit: JB didn't have a panic attack. He was wearing a wetsuit that was too small for him and had issues breathing.

Back
Top Bottom