Belgian Grand Prix 2015, Spa-Francorchamps - Race 11/19

Caporegime
Forgot to add but the only thing to I let my weekend down was the sound. GP2, GP3 and Porsche cup all sounded much much better than the F1 :/

I've gone the other way. GP2 is just noise, and not a very nice one. The GF and I had to leave the grandstand at Spain as the GP2 cars noise vibrating around was actually making our ears hurt.

F1 cars are too quiet, yes. But as for 'better', the sound from the turbo V6s is far more interesting than anything that comes from the NA support series, with the possible exception of the Medical Car which sounds like God gargling thunder.

smr

smr

Soldato
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/formula1/34063824

Former F1 driver Wurz, who leads the GPDA with fellow directors Vettel and Jenson Button, told BBC Sport: "As drivers, we strongly believe the end of a tyre's performance window can and should not be a tyre delamination in the form of an explosion.

"I believe there are technologies which prevent such sudden delamination, but for the short term we need to give Pirelli the freedom and support to introduce any measures they declare safe and fit for F1 racing."

Wurz - who races for Toyota in the World Endurance Championship, where all the leading teams use Michelin tyres - added that the GPDA was in contact with governing body the FIA and Pirelli on the issue.

He said: "We request their utmost attention to the tyre blow-outs at Spa. We need to work together to get on top of such safety concerns."

The drivers are angry about the situation because it appears reminiscent to them of the 2013 British Grand Prix, when six tyre failures in one race plunged F1 into crisis.

Back
Top Bottom