Poll: Belgian Grand Prix 2019, Spa-Francorchamps - Race 13/21

Rate the 2019 Belgian Grand Prix out of ten

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Associate
Anyway just seen the F2 crash? It was awful... one car upside down and one pretty much cut it half down the side. Don’t know if drivers are okay. :(

Saw it live as well, really horrible accident, I really hope both drivers are OK but it's never a good sign when they cancel the race so quickly :(

Soldato
Yeah saw him move his visor but his feet were exposed. More concerned about the car in half, the way Hubert looked as the car slid was very concerning. You could see his entire body, literally all protection gone. :(

Sounds like he hit the barrier and then went back into the racing line where he was hit side on at full speed.
As I recall we saw a car spin coming up the hill (I thought it was Correa at the time, but don't think it was in hindsight). From a trackside video (which I won't share) Alesi went past with rear wing missing and other damage, then Hubert has hit the barrier (presumably after hitting Alesi). Correa has then hit Hubert at a 90 degree angle at near unabated speed.

Sickening. Hope both are OK.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
As I recall we saw a car spin coming up the hill (I thought it was Correa at the time, but don't think it was in hindsight). From a trackside video (which I won't share) Alesi went past with rear wing missing and other damage, then Hubert has hit the barrier (presumably after hitting Alesi). Correa has then hit the Hubert at a 90 degree angle and near unabated speed.

Sickening. Hope both are OK.

Must be some absolutely crazy G forces involved there. Fingers crossed they are OK.

Dup

Dup

Soldato
Twitter has a video from another angle. Doesn't look like the car was hit a complete 90 angle and luckily it wasn't from a head on perspective. Seems to have been cleared swiftly enough but he didn't look conscious from the footage of the car slowing to a halt. I just hope nothing penetrated what was left of that cockpit.

Back
Top Bottom