Poll: Belgian Grand Prix 2019, Spa-Francorchamps - Race 13/21

Rate the 2019 Belgian Grand Prix out of ten

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Soldato
I'll try get it done this week :)

If you haven't been it's well worth going, can be done relatively cheaply and the drive isn't that far either.

Words, photos or videos don't even put into words how insane the elevation changes are at Spa, it looks like a totally different track in person!
I went to spa about 5 years ago. It's a sensational track but the food choices where one of the worse I have seen. It literally was just a burger chips or pizza you can buy there.

Soldato
I went to spa about 5 years ago. It's a sensational track but the food choices where one of the worse I have seen. It literally was just a burger chips or pizza you can buy there.

Yeah, in the fan zone there was a few more options but around the track it’s chips, frikandel or pizza :p

The chips, despite costing €7 were amazing though!

Took in lunch and snacks everyday apart from Sunday though, buying food and drink at the track everyday would add up fast :eek:

Soldato

If you haven't been it's well worth going, can be done relatively cheaply and the drive isn't that far either.

Words, photos or videos don't even put into words how insane the elevation changes are at Spa, it looks like a totally different track in person!

Indeed, I did a track day at Spa and can tell you it's even more insane driving it. The balls these drivers have to do Eau Rouge flat out is mental, had an instructor my first few runs telling me to stop backing off but the blind crest is daunting as hell!

Soldato
I've only ever done one track day and that was at Donington. The Craner Curves were way steeper than I was expecting so I can only imagine what Eau Rough / Raidillion is like.

Btw, was Honda the only engine manufacturer to not have an engine go pop this weekend?

Soldato
Yeah, in the fan zone there was a few more options but around the track it’s chips, frikandel or pizza :p

The chips, despite costing €7 were amazing though!

Took in lunch and snacks everyday apart from Sunday though, buying food and drink at the track everyday would add up fast :eek:
i eat nothing but junk there and so on our last day in Belgium/brussels we went to a fancy seafood place and had an amazing lobster!

Soldato

Thanks.

I am in a electric wheelchair.
So it's not easy for me. But I am looking forward to your write up :)

Soldato
Thanks.

I am in a electric wheelchair.
So it's not easy for me. But I am looking forward to your write up :)

I did think over the weekend that it would be pretty tough for someone in a wheelchair or with mobility issues. While the entire walk around the track is paved, the gradients are pretty extreme in places! However I think with an electric chair you could probably get by well enough!

Although i'm sure there are facilities for less able fans, judging by the work that goes into the F1 Fan Zone, it's a really professional job!

If I remember, I might reach out to someone at Spa/F1 and try and gather some info for a section for disabled fans, if I do would you mind giving it a read over before I post it somewhere? :)

Back
Top Bottom