Belgium Grand Prix 2011, Spa Circuit - Race 12/19

Soldato
So Hamilton reprimanded... again...

Out of interest when ARE these reprimands going to turn into penalties :D ?

He has 1 more reprimand left before they apply a 5 place grid drop. A new rule that was created for Hamilton earlier this season.

90.35% of F1 FIA sporting regulation changes in recent years can be attributed to Lewis Hamilton.

JRS

JRS

Soldato
I've just done a quick check on Mr Edwards. What makes him brain dead?

Atlanta Motor Speedway, Round 4, 2010 Cup season.

***edit***

From the race thread at the time, following the news that the Braindead Moron™ got probation:

What a joke....

So Edwards gets into an accident all of his own doing (moving down into Keselowski earlier in the day and having to go to the garage for over 150 laps from the resultant contact). Being a Roush driver with an ego the size of Mount Rushmore, he decides that his personal "code" means he should go ahead and wreck Keselowski. In doing so (and you can see his hands on the wheel in the replay as he turns into Brad's car) he ends up flipping Keselowski in the sort of accident that used to see spectators and drivers getting badly hurt.

He should have been parked for at least one race, probably more. I can sort of see why NASCAR are more concerned about the flip itself than the maneuver that led to it (not good to see it at all, especially not good on a 1.5 mile track), but still - it was reckless, it was brainless, and it shouldn't happen. NASCAR is a contact sport, but there are lines you shouldn't cross. Carl "Braindead Moron" Edwards crossed that line. And hey, when NASCAR decides to put restrictor plates on the cars for 1.5 mile tracks, you can thank Edwards. 'cause it'll be this incident that gets cited as the reason.

Stupid ****.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Been out shopping and the like...

So will just add.

What... the... hell?!

Ridiculous penalty for something so serious. Should be sitting at least this race out.

Man of Honour
That video pretty much seals it for me, Lewis does not move an inch. Really really really lenient penalty there for Maldonado

Hamilton even holds his hand up to apologise for what happened in final corner :d

Soldato
Maldonobbo.jpg

Looks like he's braindead n'all.

Caporegime
I still don't know what Hamilton has been reprimanded for :D

Its cos he's black, init.

Seriously though, just goes to show how ridiculous the sport is becoming. I still think Maldanado was completely at fault in Monaco aswell. Some/most of the penalties he's gotten have been absolutely ridiculous, todays maybe the most ridiculous of all.

Permabanned
The FIA need to clarify what Hamilton was reprimanded for.

As it stands, Hamilton was reprimanded for his part in the collision with Maldanado.

Soldato
From what I can see, he was reprimanded because he didn't avoid the collission. He could've either:
1. stuck to the left hand side of the track and not turn in to Maldo; or
2. slowed down to allow Maldo to overtake him.

I'm pretty sure that if Button had been in Hamilton's position, Button would've avoided the collision.

Man of Honour
From what I can see, he was reprimanded because he didn't avoid the collission. He could've either:
1. stuck to the left hand side of the track and not turn in to Maldo; or
2. slowed down to allow Maldo to overtake him.

I'm pretty sure that if Button had been in Hamilton's position, Button would've avoided the collision.

You're obsessed with Hamilton turning in...

Hamilton could have kept going straight, but as the track went to the right he would have ended up in the barrier. Maldonardo kept going straight, to the point that he ended up on the grass.

Back
Top Bottom