Believe for more than you think

Soldato
Sometimes you just have to say "**** it" and jump into the deep end.

Around 2 and half years ago. I was working in a permie position. I was tired of the following -
  • The odd crapy pay rise
  • Workplace politics
  • Being a workaholic
  • Feeling as though I was chasing an unataining carrot
  • Feeling like I should be paid more than I was on
I was tired of it all..... It was after a trainwreck of a date that I built up the courage to quit my job and become a contractor. lol if not for that date I wouldve been pussyfooting around for months. And I havent looked back.

• I work less
  • I earn more
  • I travel more
  • I'm learning you things
  • Working in different industries
  • I no longer feel an association to the companies I work with. As I perm I used to have an emotional connection to my employers... Now I couldnt care less. I go in. Do a job.. Get paid and then leave. Nothing more, nothing less.

Associate
Sometimes you just have to say "**** it" and jump into the deep end.

Without a doubt.

I was put at risk of redundancy last November and put in my preference to leave. I was bored, the job had become almost button pushing in nature so it was a welcome opportunity - I finished work in February and will be unemployed come May with a payoff for almost 17.5 years service. Absolutely loving my garden leave - Have done a load of training, gained my MCSA (MS SQL Server 2016 DBA) and will get my MCSE once I've finished decorating and fitting a new cloakroom.

Then it'll be time to find a job - highly likely to go contracting. The thought of another permanent job isn't doing much for me right now, for many of the reasons DAIR states above...

Back
Top Bottom