Belinea 102035W

Caporegime
twi$ter said:
Calling Maxdata tomorrow, tempted just to get ££'s back and settle for my old faithful 19" CRT.

Get a refund, spend a bit extra, and get the NEC 20.1" widescreen. This Belinea really seems to suck. :(

Associate
Richdog said:
Get a refund, spend a bit extra, and get the NEC 20.1" widescreen. This Belinea really seems to suck. :(

Thought about that too but don't think I can really spare the extra cash for the NEC right now. Read the NEC has a few problems too though so who knows?? I'm giving them another chance (3rd time lucky n all) so another replacement due tomorrow. I only wish their monitors were as good as their service lol. None of the usual "what have you done to it....?" line of questioning, very helpful and apologetic, maybe they so used to returns now??

Anyway, fingers crossed for the new replacement and definitely considering the NEC if this doesn't work out.

Last edited:
Permabanned
Richdog said:
actually, it doesn't suck at all if you get one that works fine. Mine has had no problems and I am happy with it. (except of course the mouse lag problem)

Soldato
Just thought i would let you guys know... Belinea are releasing the same monitor but without the DVI connector (Hence getting round the tax) so they will be the same spec as the 102035w but without the DVI connector and about the same if not a few quid cheaper than the Acer one... :eek:

;)

Oh and they appear to have had a faulty batch that caused the barcoding effect... That has now been resolved...

Last edited:
Associate
Has anyone else had issues with the dvi port ? kinda hope its not just me ;)
Running off an ATI X800 with a single link DVI cable, There is only an image once the windows display drivers are loaded , So I cannot see the diagnostic info durring the boot process which id like. Only a few modes seem to work, some non standard desktop resolutions that are available to choose in display prefs simply show an out of range error. On vga everything works fine and is a rock solid image apart from some very faint wavey lines in background mainly visable on grey colours (interfierence?).
In fairlness ,image quality doesnt seem to differ in any way between vga / dvi (although no interfierence lines on dvi), but i would rarther use the dvi port just for the theoretical aspect of dvi being the best to use image quality wise ;)

Associate
yup, it's sweet. get one of the OcUK dvi cables- if it's too late to add it to you order, give em a ring and they'll probably bung it in if the package has not left yet.

Associate
Well it arrived and it's amazing - no dead pixels - well I can't see any.

Had a little niggle with it, but think it's more to do with my gcard, in that it won't work off DVI cable only dsub????

Well impressed.

regards,

Matt

Associate
Raymond - yeah all I have done is install the monitor and alter resolution to 1680 * and it has stopped working.

It's gotta be co-incidental so will re-install BF2.

regards,

Matt

ATI

ATI

Associate
Matt_Hirst said:
Raymond - yeah all I have done is install the monitor and alter resolution to 1680 * and it has stopped working.

It's gotta be co-incidental so will re-install BF2.

regards,

Matt

ohh man i,m thinking of getting this or Philips 200W6CS20

i need it for webdebelopment and serious gaming when i get the chance, which one and why?

Soldato
Well my screen has started playing up. I have had hissing and flickering when its switched off and on again also on pc restarts :( Better contact max data me thinks

Associate
Well I just got a second hand belinea. It actually looks quite nice! :) The only let down is the stand :/ and the connections on the back as well. Otherwise its great so far..i wonder how long it will be before mine hisses :s

Had a dell 2005fpw before and i would recommend that screen over this one tbh!

Associate

Had this problem myself not so long ago....you dont have to re-isntall BF2...what you need to do is delete the BF2 folder in My Documents and the profiles. When you start BF2 it will be OK...you will just need to re-create your profile. If you re-install BF2 without deleting the profiles...you will still get the same problem until you delete your profiles folder :D

Soldato
Well I got my monitor changed out today and Maxdata have given me a scabby monitor with a bent stand. Mine was mint so I will be phoning them tomorrow and giving them ****

Soldato
sgoaty said:
Well I got my monitor changed out today and Maxdata have given me a scabby monitor with a bent stand. Mine was mint so I will be phoning them tomorrow and giving them ****
Got another screen now which is in pretty good nick except fot the silver bit round the base is a bit slack. Cant decide whether to glue it or phone them again.

Back
Top Bottom