Belinea 102035W

Associate
thanks for all the feedback.

The only situation when the bleeding annoys me is when viewing dark movies. Everything else is fine. It's a good ideia to wait for maxdata to fix this and for reports of people receiving new monitors with less bleeding show up before sending it back... but will they accept it by then? I mean, one is supposed to have something like 15 days to check if everything is ok and return it... returning it afterwards means I'll have to say the bleeding just 'showed up' one day, right? (as a sidenote, I haven't bought it from OcUK because I live in Portugal...)

anyway, I suppose I'll keep it, at least until I hear they're shipping new ones with less bleeding.

I haven't even tried out the analog cable bur I'll try it tomorrow, just for curiosity.

If someone is not so sure about buying this monitor and there's anything you need to know then let me know if I can help. It's tremendous value...

cheers

Associate
Be nice if they lowred the backlight level altogether (or offered some control) so that black is actually black and not grey. No ammount of messing with brightness or contrast seems to alter the black level which makes it look grey on dark scenes.

Associate
MadMatty said:
Be nice if they lowred the backlight level altogether (or offered some control) so that black is actually black and not grey. No ammount of messing with brightness or contrast seems to alter the black level which makes it look grey on dark scenes.

you're right, there's no setting that will change the black levels. only the first 10-20% of the brightness seem to make the bleeding better, but don't change anything about the black levels. that's why I keep brightness at zero. the contrast does absolutely nothing either (but setting it high give much more vivid colours).

as for the back levels I found only one solution when watching dvd's: using power dvd set the colours to 'bright' and because thing get ...well, brighter, black will appear much more like... black. BUT, during already bright scenes it becomes unbearable... :rolleyes:

cheers

Associate
Hmmm I just dont know if I should get this screen with all the mixed fews im not that fussy I have a 19inch CRT at the mo and I would like to go widescreen I play a lot of games should I get it will I happy playing UT and counter strike?

Soldato
Bobmunkhouse said:
Hmmm I just dont know if I should get this screen with all the mixed fews im not that fussy I have a 19inch CRT at the mo and I would like to go widescreen I play a lot of games should I get it will I happy playing UT and counter strike?

It's still definately worth buying, I used to use a 22" flat screen CRT, a good quality one and it's now sitting under the desk, I'd never go back to using it unless this one dies.

Associate
Cuchulain said:
It's still definately worth buying, I used to use a 22" flat screen CRT, a good quality one and it's now sitting under the desk, I'd never go back to using it unless this one dies.

Oh right that sounds good do you play games and would you mind posting some more pics? Thanks

Associate
I had a 19" ilyama crt prior to buying this screen and i would never go back to my old screen.

I've played quake 4 on it so far, and havent noticed any ghosting.

Backlight bleed is there, but on my screen its not so bad i dont think. I mean i dont really notice it, only on really dark scenes, with my lights turned off, and tbh thats only if i'm looking for it. Otherwise i dont notice it.

Meds

Soldato
Bobmunkhouse said:
Oh right that sounds good do you play games and would you mind posting some more pics? Thanks

I don't really game with my PC, but have it connected via DVI for work stuff, my Xbox 360 is connected to it via D-Sub, I can take photo's of some games running on it through that later on if you like?

Soldato
Bobmunkhouse said:
Yeah that would be cool for everyone I think. As Im just worried about black levels, back light bleed and if there is any bluring but thanks for the help.

I'll get some done later on, as far as I can tell there's no blurring whatsoever in any of the games I've tried, you don't really notice the backlight bleed when you're playing either.

Soldato
Here's a couple from the (bugged) King Kong demo

1.jpg

2.jpg

Associate
miffy said:
Hi, I'm a first time poster, although I've popped into these forums and bought a few things at overclockers over the last few years or so.

Just wanted to say that I bought one of these Belinea monitors last week and have been extremely impressed by it. The backlight leaking isn't a problem for me, unless something full screen and completely black is displayed, which is very rare and even then, you only really notice it if you are looking at the edges of the screen.

Luckily, the unit I received has no dead or stuck pixels which I was very relieved about being a first time LCD buyer.

Over the last few days however, the screen seems to have developed some sort of problem where black flickery lines appear if you move windows around on the desktop, and sometimes even a permanent tall rectangle of thin black lines appear at the same point in the screen.

At first I thought it was a cable problem so I switched the DVI cable to the standard VGA cable that came with the screen, but that didn't help. Then I thought it might be a driver problem, so I uninstalled my ATI drivers (Radeon 9800) and reinstalled them from clean (using a guide to completely remove the drivers). The problem did not go away.

I then used the reset option in the OSD and this seemed to cure the problem. I was delighted, but it was short lived as the next day the problem appeared again. It does still go away if I reset or sometimes just bring up the OSD or press the auto button, but after a few hours it always reappears again.

To give you a better idea as to what I am talking about, I filmed the problem with my digital camera (sorry about the poor quality) and it can quite clearly be seen.

Download AVI file here: http://insoul.net/belfualt.avi (XviD)

I'm beginning to think it might be an unsolvable fault and contacting the warranty people might be a good course of action, but knowing that the screen has no dead pixels makes me hope it can be fixed.

Just wondered if anyone had seen anything similar before or has any ideas, I searched Google but couldn't find anything related.

Thanks very much.

I had the same problem miffy. Ended up contacting MaxData who deal with getting replacement Belinea monitors. Got my replacement yesterday but it only lasted 2 hours before the screen went blank. Turned off my PC and monitor but when I went to startup again the monitor just refused to turn on :mad:

Anyway they have agreed to send out another monitor but it wont come till Tuesday. On a side note when I received the first replacement (was a straight exchange) it just came in a brown box with no cables inside!!! Had to ring the delivery courier and get them to come back so I could take the cables. When I spoke to the tech support this morning they were very surprised to know that it just came in a brown box.

Fingers crossed this whole thing gets sorted on Tuesday.

Caporegime
im seriously tempted by this monitor

but all the problems are putting me off

its either this or a normal aspect ratio 19".

btw, is the backlight bleeding something you only tend to notice when looking for it (ie turning lights off, setting background to jet black) or do you notice it in normal useage ?

Permabanned
i just got mine and its too bright, getting headaches from it my contrast and brightness are 10 ive even had to lower my setings on my card. my back light is lite up like a christmas tree.

Associate
MrLOL said:
im seriously tempted by this monitor

but all the problems are putting me off

its either this or a normal aspect ratio 19".

btw, is the backlight bleeding something you only tend to notice when looking for it (ie turning lights off, setting background to jet black) or do you notice it in normal useage ?

Seriously in everyday use i.e. internet, games etc you'll not notice the backlight bleeding.
You notice when windows is starting up because its a pure black screen isnt it?! Im very happy with mine!!

Associate
I second johntmanic, you only ever really notice it when it doesnt really matter, like if all the lights are turned off, and windows is booting up. or a game is loading. Otherwise its cool.

I played quake 4 on it, and it was fine.....

I would recommend this monitor, especially given its price

Associate
Im getting the black scanlines as well, it just started today (ive had it for 2 weeks).

Well, it sucks i have to get it replaced, but its good to know it isnt my X1900XTX ^^"

I'll look the MaxData phone number on the screens manuals and give them a call :)

Back
Top Bottom