Benchmarking VR setup?

Associate
It blew me away without me changing anything from default...I thought I was going to like this but it's blown my mind.

Can't wait to get back from work tonight and have a proper go, downloaded a lot of the free content from oculus store overnight. Won't be able to concentrate at work today lol. I really need to grow up.

Associate
I can only think the Vive wasn't set up properly (on my face/positioning) when I did the OCUK challenge because I couldn't read the HUD and it was quite blurry, I've never read a review that mentioned any big difference in clarity. The one minor issue i noticed last night was fogging up of the lens, but I was quite excited lol.

Soldato
I can only think the Vive wasn't set up properly (on my face/positioning) when I did the OCUK challenge because I couldn't read the HUD and it was quite blurry, I've never read a review that mentioned any big difference in clarity. The one minor issue i noticed last night was fogging up of the lens, but I was quite excited lol.
I have no problem with project cars on my vive hud is crystal clear with 1.5 supersampling. I get fogging for the first 5 minutes until the lenses warm up, you could always warm them up with a hair dryer first on a low setting that should stop it.

Associate
I did notice last night how sensitive focus is to the headset's position on my face, a small movement can make a big difference, causing blurring. I hadn't read any reviews saying there were huge differences so it must have been something I did wrong with the Vive. Cracking bits of kit...

Associate
No, I bought second hand so didn't even get an XBOne controller as the guy's son kept it, but at £100 I will think about them when I upgrade my PC in November. I don't have much space in the man cave currently as my racing rig is quite large with triple screens. Once I'm convinced I'm keeping the Rift instead the screens will go and free up some space. I keep telling the missus I will sell my old stuff to fund the new, but I never get around to it, anybody want a 3GB HD7970, or a 4GB GTX770, or a G27 or a DFGT...the list goes on and on...

I couldn't get out of the house quick enough, he only wanted £350 for it, 3 weeks old (original Purple People receipt and paperwork included as verification).

Last edited:
Soldato
I keep telling the missus I will sell my old stuff to fund the new, but I never get around to it, anybody want a 3GB HD7970, or a 4GB GTX770, or a G27 or a DFGT...the list goes on and on...
I know this all too well, selling all that plus your spare two monitors could get you some decent cash back though.

Never had triples, but I don't think they could match VR for racing.

Associate
It's better than single screen because you get some peripheral vision, and I was happy with it...but now after just a few laps I'm a convert to VR. I swore blind I would wait for 2nd Gen but at the price I got it it was a steal...so glad I did.

Soldato
OP
I just recorded some Project Cars at 1.6SS with Performance Monitor and Afterburner to show my FX8350 and GPU stats using OBS, the CPU doesnt get over 80% on any core, it is working all the cores though, the GTX 1080 is pegged over 80%, I am actually pretty impressed I thought my old CPU would be going flat out :D

Soldato
I think i'm an 11 on SteamVR.

This is my VR Mark score for orange room: http://www.3dmark.com/vrpor/81631

Project CARS performance isn't great in VR, AC performs far better.

hrmm :( I have a very very similar setup to you. But i get a score around 7205. I am maxing out around 157 fps. Surprised you are getting around 190 !

here is my specs

i5-4690k (oc to 4.0)
16 gig ddr 1600mhz
Zotac AMP edition gtx1080 (382.53 drivers)
Crucial 256gig SSD
Win 7 64bit

Back
Top Bottom