** BENQ BL3200PT 32" 2560x1440 AMVA MONITOR NOW AVAILABLE!! **

Associate
evetrip - retry the test for some peace of mind. Make sure the browser is open in a window (not full screen) and drag it around the screen. If there's flashing only inside the browser window then that's fine, that's normal, but if the whole screen flashes then that's the problem we're all talking about.

Associate
From a personal point of view, I really don't care if there's flashing inside a window or outside, so long as I don't experience the problem during normal use. The thing is, I play Arma III regularly, and any problems like this in game aren't acceptable, and I've been able to duplicate the problem within 5 minutes :(

Very disappointed tbh.

Associate
Smurfin please fire up a quick email to BenQ support at [email protected] and just tell them about the problem you have.

I've already had 3 complaints escalated to their upper management about this and the more people that voice their frustration means that the problem will get addressed.

Soldato
The test in post 84 doens't make my screen flicker at all when I move the window, but the one here does.

Not going to worry myself about it. I have now tried two of the Samsungs, and both are absolutely brilliant, with no bleed whatsoever, great colours and contrast, and good enough in games for me.

Associate
hi to all guys, im ruben from italy, i hope you can help me! i've bought one month ago, a macmini (late 2012) with hd4000 to replace my imac27. i've connected it to a samsung t27d590ew (TV - MONITOR) with horrible results: even in full hd with the hdmi cable, or vga, or thunderbolt, i had a lot of problems in terms of crispness of text. so i've sold it. i would like to buy a good screen for my macmini so ive seen this awesome monitor. what do you think about it? will i have always problems???

apple site says

Supported displays and configuration
You can use 4K displays and Ultra HD TVs with these Mac computers:
MacBook Pro (Retina, Late 2013 and later)
Mac Pro (Late 2013)
iMac (27-inch, Late 2013 and later)
Mac mini (Late 2014)
http://support.apple.com/en-us/HT202856

could i set the monitor to the same risolution of my old imac27?

ps sorry for my bad english

Associate
Just to note, I have purchased 2 of these screens last week for use in a dual monitor setup.

Both have a Mfg day of Jan 2015 / Rev 00-123-BA.

I can report that there are no dead or bright pixels. There is no appreciable banding. No flashing with Arma or Google Earth. The test in Post 84 doesn't show flashing but does show some bands extending from the sides of the window to the edge of the panel BUT it does a similar thing on one of my IPS Dell panels as well so I'm not worried about that.

All in all, these are excellent monitors - It has taken me a couple of days to set them up how I like them and to get used to the different image as opposed to my wide gamut IPS displays but, now, I love them :)

Associate
Well, I ordered one of these today as I am currently using a Samsung 32" 1080p tv as a monitor and I am fed up with it as I am getting eye stain and headaches.

Fingers crossed that it's a good'un!

Associate
This is a really nice monitor but I can't seem to get the corded remote thingy to work. I have plugged it into the mini usb port but it does not do anything. It's not the end of the world as I can just use the capacitive buttons on the front of the monitor.

If anyone knows if I am doing something wrong then please let me know.

Soldato
I got the Asus version of monitor yesterday, overall I think it is good, except I have noticed that in a dark, or almost dark room on any black areas the screen has an obvious green glow to it, is this normal and has anyone else experienced this? Also the whole panel has a green tint to it out of the box, until you lower the green gain and bias a bit in the OSD....

Do all these panels have a green tinted glow This monitor is nice except the green tint due to viewing angle, slightly on normal images but mainly noticeable on dark / black in a dark or almost dark room... Also noticeable on grey backgrounds.

Last edited:
Soldato
Haha, now I don't know what to get!

NirK, how are you finding the input lag on the Asus? That was what was making me sway towards it over the BenQ, but there aren't any official reviews for the Asus out in the web :(

I will give you numbers instead of my opinion, you can judge for yourself if it is good enough for you...

At 75hz with 100% tracefree it has the same lag as my NEC 20Wgx2, which is 1-2 frames at 75hz... on the TFTcentral review says the 20WGX2 is 10-20ms lag...

Back
Top Bottom