BenQ XL2411T 24-Inch Full HD Gaming Monitor

Associate
I know this is nothing related to the monitor or such, but if you are getting tired eyes it might be worthwhile for you to check out f.lux.

Here is the link:

http://stereopsis.com/flux/

It changes the hue to match the time of day and really does make reading text a lot easier on the eyes. Here is the description from the site:

f.lux fixes this: it makes the color of your computer's display adapt to the time of day, warm at night and like sunlight during the day.

It's even possible that you're staying up too late because of your computer. You could use f.lux because it makes you sleep better, or you could just use it just because it makes your computer look better.

Well worth a look for nothing.

hi is it easy to remove is it does not agree with me?

Soldato
It is a tiny utility that must be open to make any changes to the image. It sits in the taskbar and will disable if you close it. It's easily uninstalled if you have no desire to use it, either.

Personally I find it quite useful and use it for viewing the computer at night. It reduces the white point and makes the image 'less blue' which can help you relax towards the end of the day.

Associate
It is a tiny utility that must be open to make any changes to the image. It sits in the taskbar and will disable if you close it. It's easily uninstalled if you have no desire to use it, either.

Personally I find it quite useful and use it for viewing the computer at night. It reduces the white point and makes the image 'less blue' which can help you relax towards the end of the day.

thanks for the info im using it now

some questions, are videos are still enjoyable to watch at these lower light levels? and also if gaming at night leave it on or turn off while playing?

edit: also can i ask , it seems like it is putting the default icc profile on before it makes its adjustments is this suppose to happen?

when i turn it off i need to reactivate my icc profile

Last edited:
Soldato
Essentially what it does is over-rides the white point in the graphics driver. It resets (clears) active ICC profile data to do this. You need to decide whether to use F.lux or the ICC profile. It's up to you really, but personally I use F.lux on everything at night (unless I'm reviewing a monitor) because I find it more restful on the eyes.

Man of Honour
I'm currently looking at this and the XL2420T, and leaning towards the latter as it looks better.

The lowest height setting for this monitor [11T] looks fairly high, can anyone measure the clearance between desk and bezel/frame when it's at the lowest setting? I understand the 20T is about 4cm~.

Associate
Mine just arrived...

Dual Link DVI cable is busted! Brilliant. The pins on one end are crooked and won't fit into either the monitor or the graphics card (or any other monitor). Currently running it on HDMI and therefore stuck at 60Hz.

Also, the DVD that came with it won't auto-play on Windows 8 - what do I need to install? It's showing as a Generic PnP in Windows...not sure how I go about 'installing' an ICC?

Anyone? :S

Last edited:
Soldato
Mine just arrived...

Dual Link DVI cable is busted! Brilliant. The pins on one end are crooked and won't fit into either the monitor or the graphics card (or any other monitor). Currently running it on HDMI and therefore stuck at 60Hz.

Also, the DVD that came with it won't auto-play on Windows 8 - what do I need to install? It's showing as a Generic PnP in Windows...not sure how I go about 'installing' an ICC?

You need to go to device manager, find the monitor & click update driver and get it too search your BenQ driver disc.

Associate
whats fps are you getting, for tearing to occur?

Well I have tested with and without V-Sync and I still get tearing.
For example I was playing Borderlands 2 last night and in game settings you can apply a frame limiter which I put at 30-60Fps just to check and I was still getting tearing?!?

It confuses me, how can it tear when the FPS is under the Refresh Rate, that is why I am having second thoughts about the Graphics Card (B Grade MSI Twin Frozr HD 7950 OC).

Tom

Associate
Mine just arrived...

someone made a icc for this a few pages back i use it myself

Associate
saying that looking at http://uk.gigabyte.com/products/product-page.aspx?pid=4102#ov

It does have a dual link DVI.

Thanks Amidar,
Can the widow twanky wishy washy colours be fixable to an extent, i mean like is it bearable for other uses apart from gaming?...taking a step closer to my old CRT is appealing to me for the gaming side of things but will the super brightness melt the skin from my face when im reading a lot of stuff or editing stuff in 3D appz etc for hours on end?

Soldato
Thanks Amidar,
Can the widow twanky wishy washy colours be fixable to an extent, i mean like is it bearable for other uses apart from gaming?...taking a step closer to my old CRT is appealing to me for the gaming side of things but will the super brightness melt the skin from my face when im reading a lot of stuff or editing stuff in 3D appz etc for hours on end?

I went from a Dell U2412M IPS screen to a XL2411T and the colours out of the box are shocking, but with a few tweaks in the monitors osd the colours are now really good.

Associate
I went from a Dell U2412M IPS screen to a XL2411T and the colours out of the box are shocking, but with a few tweaks in the monitors osd the colours are now really good.

Whats it like for getting the brightness down? Could you sit in front of this monitor editing something for like 3hrs or more at a time or are you blinded by the light so to say?
Movies ok on it?

Back
Top Bottom