BenQ XL2730Z Freesync Owners Thread

Associate
OP
Cheers for the guide on 144hz Scramz. I used the tool to set it at 143 but Dying light and other games still wont run. And thanks for the specs you used to set up the monitor, I have been searching for settings but came up empty.

Strange, make sure you have it fully running on 144hz by checking Here. I found when i first made the changes it would put it back to 120hz some times.

This fixed my flickering on full windowed games.

Associate
OP
See I could run it at 1440p but only windowed and if I set the refresh to 120hz, full screen was a flicker disco. Everything else runs ok but when I said I used the tool, it was before I found this post, Im at work now so Ill test when I go home.

Let us know how you get on, as i said it fixed all flickering issues for me and my monitor is running at 1440p 144hz and in full screen too. Before the patch it was flicker on 120hz in full screen.

Make sure you also apply the ATI/AMD Pixel patch first.

Associate
OP
I was going to wait for an IPS model ,but once you see it and the fact you will be sitting right in front of it why bother ? :confused:
I cant see IPS models being cheaper than this one ,£500 is more than enough to spend but it's worth every penny so far . ;)

I agree, IPS 144hz will be £689+. £500 very well spent.

Yeah running perfectly, thank you. I didn't enable blur reduction before so I am getting used to the lower brightness but if freesync and blur reduction can't work together I might as well not get used to it.

I use Blu Reduction on fast paced games like CSGO and non Blu Reduction on all other. Arma 3 looks beautiful on max settings on this monitor.

Associate
OP
I only have Arma II at the moment, but it looks good. Ill try Blur reduction on CSGO later, you have me all excited to see the difference. Do you have BF4? I haven't but I wonder how good it will look on this beast.

I do have BF4 but I dont have it installed.

Which game you currently play? add me to steam and we will have a few games, my stead ID is in my sig below.

Anyone recommend any games the look amazing at 1440p?

I am extremely excited to see what Freesync will offer. This monitor is making me want to get a brand new 300 AMD card to go in line with this monitor.

Associate
OP
I believe the ROG panel is a Benq panel so you would think that Benq would improve it for their product, but I could be completely wrong.

It will not be long before reviews are released.

Personally I would be going to for the monitor which enables me to use all the features (Freesync/Gsync)

Associate
OP
has anyone got the problem of flickering horizontal lines while at the desktop and random black screening for a couple of secs while in a game or at the desktop or have a fix for it?

I tried the fix for the flickering screen at 144hz which worked but these little horizontal flickering lines still remain at both 120hz and 144hz and the black screening every couple of mins is becoming quite a pain.

Is your CPU or GPU overclocked?

Associate
OP
Strange. Have a play with the settings on the monitor.

So it is fine at 60hz?

Be sure to install the Patch on the link above before you force the refresh rate with CRU.

Associate
OP
For some reason, AMD R9 card are very sensitive to an overclocked CPU.

If ou have any black screen issues, set CPU to stock and try, if no luck stick a few more volts into the GPU by 25mv.

Your CPU has to be 110% stable for the card to not black screen.

Associate
OP
Looks like I am going to have to wait for crossfire drivers before jumping on the bandwagon. Although I have read this monitor's freesync, only works in the range of 56-144Hz. If that is true, then this is a no go for me, I thought it was 30-144Hz. Anyone care to enlighten me?

Freesync can range from 9-240hz. The monitors panel will depend on the Hz range, below 30hz monitors experience bad flickering. I am not sure what this monitors lower Hz is, can someone enlighten us.

Back
Top Bottom