Best 4 Door Coupe?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Associate
hey guys,

im looking for lowest insurance, but the best car i found is the CLA 180, has all the perks but highest mileage and lowest engine size (1.3)

the premium plus is £28K drivethedeal.com/buy…ted

my budget is max 30K, 4 door coupe (was thinking of alternatives like audi a6 but they were way over budget)

alternatively looking at e class saloon, their oldest model with the comand online is 2016

looking for car advice, not financial advice

Last edited:
Associate
OP

thanks for having the first genuine contribution

the 6 series looks insane are there other models i could look at? is 60k mileage gonna be a problem, reckon its better to spend more and get with 20k mileage?

the insurance would be like 4k+ on a 3l lol

Last edited:
Associate
OP
It's a stupid idea at 21. Get a cheaper car and spend the money on doing things you'll actually enjoy.

Right I’ll say this once and I don’t have to justify what I spend my money on:

I live at home. Save over 2K a month. Go on holiday several times a year. Don’t spend on anything else.

There are savings accounts that pay 5% interest that generate more money than the loan. Going through a loan means my money works for me, and I already have several YEARS worth of emergency buffer to cover me in loan payments.

Now for the last time. Not looking for finance advice from people that save less money than me. Here looking for car advice.

If you don’t have any car advice, don’t bother posting. I don’t have time for smart ass keyboard warriors.

Associate
OP
This is capitalism kicking in.

I feel sorry for these people.
That's cute. You're assuming a lot about others (I save a lot more than £2k a month). I was offering some genuine advice based on what I've learned from bad experiences at a similar age.

Your choice. Go for it.

Personally I'd be putting it into something to create long term wealth, but of you're not interested in that then crack on.

Also, which account pays 5% interest on £30k+?

HSBC saver account, there are others but no Vanguard account does less than 5%

My “long term wealth” plan is to triple my take home.... I’m not gonna get there with the hundred or two quid I’d get in interest from saving thousands on thousands

And again this is less than a third of my income, I will still be clearing 2K savings...

For the final time; no more ****** financial advice from keyboard warriors.

Post about cars or GTFO

Associate
OP
Considered a Tesla Model 3? Finances don't seem to that much of a hurdle more down to age and getting accepted for insurance and maybe finance deals.

Tesla will do PCP via Black Horse. PCH can be had from several companies though you will be limited in choice of colour/options and availability is a bit random currently. I got mine in a week which appears to be some sort of record.

I know its above budget but try PCH for 2 or 3 years and decide if thats how you want to get access to a car. Seems to be the way we are going anyway for car ownership.

I was going to suggest EVEZY for an all inclusive monthly contract on an EV but your too young :) sorry.

Obviously this comes with many caveats but you're after a suggestions and I drive EVs!

Anyway have a play on Zen Auto and see whats what. Normal cars available.

Solid idea

Do you have any numbers? I thought the Model 3 was around 35K?

I just feel like with something like EV Tech that I won’t be able to keep it forever as tech outpaces the five year plan

Associate
OP
How does someone of 21 save 2k a month? To be able to that requires a seriously impressive salary for someone who has been in the job market only about 3 years max. That's an incredible achievement that generally requires ability that is rather at odds with this sort of decision making process.

I am a programmer living at home

Associate
OP
When you go on a date and invite a girl back. She's looks at the flash car albeit in poverty spec and asks are we going back to yours. "No darling you can stay in my bedroom at my parents house".

You save a lot of money a month because you leach off your parents.

Also when I walk down the street and see a "premium marque" car in the absolute poverty spec 9 times out of 10 the person behind the wheel is a desperate individual.
When you go on a date and invite a girl back. She's looks at the flash car albeit in poverty spec and asks are we going back to yours. "No darling you can stay in my bedroom at my parents house".

You save a lot of money a month because you leach off your parents.

Also when I walk down the street and see a "premium marque" car in the absolute poverty spec 9 times out of 10 the person behind the wheel is a desperate individual.

The behaviour on this forum is absolutely disgusting. Come back here when you gain some self respect.

Associate
OP
He's obviously defensive as he was called out for exaggerating his situation and he has reacted in an arrogant way, but that is youth, I bet the majority of young "high rollers" here were guilty of the same.

Read between the lines and you'll see at the end of the day he's got enough disposable to cover the monthly of a decent loan. The need for low insurance is either a stipulation from mummy and daddy or because he doesn't have enough up front, or simply doesn't think it's worth it - who knows, who cares. We have the requirements.

Fine to tell him it will be a waste of money on such a car, good to advise on different routes or finance options etc. Even better to suggest appropriate cars for a better budget.

Anything else is just as arrogant.

i have the money for insurance i just dont believe 4k on insurance is something ill ever get back

Associate
OP
Nor is £30,000 on a bottom of the range Merc

well depreciation is going to be around 20k so i would only lose 10k after a few years... still better than some cars.

again i am not concrete on the CLA i am literally asking for advice on more models as i dont know what to research, thankfully some users like @NVP actually contribtue and provide reasonable suggestions

Associate
OP
I think we should all give what the OP wants, put him in an expensive Merc, let him spend money the way he wants. Let him take a girl home back to his room at his parents after a date. Work from home programmer, is that another word for Twitch Streamer? :p Will explain the take-home pay, hope he is putting away 30% for the taxman though.

Anyway, a lesson like this is best learn the hard way at this age. So let him do it, our economy needs some cash injection anyway.

I don't work from home. I commute from home.

Besides - I'm a programmer. Who's talking about girls anwyay?

Associate
OP
After everyone going off-topic in your own thread, you could at least tell us how your test-drive went or if you decided to go different route with your car selection?
The only thing you can do with insurance is just pay for whichever is cheapest you can find for whatever car you pick and then watch it drop when you have NCB racking up, there is no way in avoiding the premium.

Yeah I mean there's no point in voicing my own opinion because regardless of my own experiences people on this forum want to impose their view onto me, even if they're not the ones driving the car.

I drove the e-class, c-class, a-class and CLA.

Absolutely fell in love with CLA. The interior on all the cars was fantastic as usua,l but the CLA just stood out from the exterior and I found room in the back to be ample for me (6 foot, not skinny).

Yeah; re insurance, this is likely to cost 1.5-2k yearly, but insuring a 2.0L + would cost 4k+ which is too much. I can live with 2K per year though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom