Best 4 Door Coupe?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
I happened to walk by a c class coupe (or whatever they're called now) this morning that had just been put into reverse. The badge popped open to reveal what I assume was it's reversing camera.

That's me sold, sign me up

A bit more seriously though an approved used one of these would make so much more financial sense if you have to have one. Or an E class, or a C class

Id probably go and lease one if those £270/month electric golfs if I just wanted a new car with some sort of badge though.

Soldato
hey guys,

im looking for lowest insurance, but the best car i found is the CLA 180, has all the perks but highest mileage and lowest engine size (1.3)

the premium plus is £28K drivethedeal.com/buy…ted

the 200 version is £29K but I don't think I would need the extra HP?

either way, it looks so freaking nice....

my budget is max 30K, 4 door coupe (was thinking of alternatives like audi a6 but they were way over budget)

i was thinking of getting 30k 3.3% loan from first direct and paying it off that way, over 7 years its likel £400 per month and i will probably sell in year 3/4. it will be split with a parent so payments of £200pcm each.
Have you road tested that model and engine combination of car yet? The 180 engine is rather course when you work it hard. The CLA is a nice car other wise. But you should not finance it the way you've suggested.

olv

olv

Soldato
Compare Aston prices to Mercedes and you'll see my point...

My point was that being in the situation where selling the car does not settle any debts against it is a rubbish situation to be in and is pretty much guaranteed if he chooses to fund it as he plans.

Associate
I believe the issue is he wants a 4 door coupe that also wouldn't cost fortune on insurance,hence the 1.3 merc and not a used 4 door coupe with bigger engines. So recommending all these 3.0, v6 and v8 4 door coupe/saloon will "cost" too much on insurance.
If you're really only after image alone and not anything else then get yourself the A45 AMG hatchback instead, they should be a lot cheaper on insurance than the others and its a Merc.

I honestly don't understand the appeal of saloon or 4 door coupe at age range of 18-25, im almost 27 and my mentality of cars is still the same. I want to drive hot-hatch or 3 door coupe, fun factor, performance and looks.

Soldato
I too am confused as to how you can save 2k a month but need to split with the parents. Quite impressive that you're earning 30k at 21, did you only just come out of uni then? If you're still living at home just get them to give you a lift, you can drop it into conversation when they're doing your washing:D.

Caporegime
Not AMG trim but descent spec.
N21VnaO.jpg
Is that really what an E class interior looks like? Holy crap that looks awful. Like something from a 60’s sci-fi movie. So gaudy and those screens look like they’ve been added when they forgot they needed them. Wow.

Regarding the OP buy something fun for way less than half the price. And unless you need all four seats, by something with two. Because unless you’re able to run two cars later in life with kids and wife a two seater will be something you wish you’d done. Spend £15k on a Z4 or a recent MX5 and enjoy it!

Soldato
I too am confused as to how you can save 2k a month but need to split with the parents. Quite impressive that you're earning 30k at 21, did you only just come out of uni then? If you're still living at home just get them to give you a lift, you can drop it into conversation when they're doing your washing:D.

If he's saving 2k a month then he's on a lot more than £30k. £30k is only around 2k net pay.

If what he says is true then it's more likely around £50k at least. Which whilst not unheard of for someone at 21.Does seem unusual given the ops lack of comprehension. Although maybe earning that wage at 21 is why he seems to have to arrogance of a ****

NVP

NVP

Soldato
My point was that being in the situation where selling the car does not settle any debts against it is a rubbish situation to be in and is pretty much guaranteed if he chooses to fund it as he plans.

So you suggest this 21 year old worried about insurance should buy a V8 Vantage instead? Ok bud.

NVP

NVP

Soldato
Is that really what an E class interior looks like? Holy crap that looks awful. Like something from a 60’s sci-fi movie. So gaudy and those screens look like they’ve been added when they forgot they needed them. Wow.
Much nicer than the last gen to be fair, but merc interiors have always been... erm... refined??

Man of Honour
popcorn.gif

giphy.gif

NVP

NVP

Soldato
It's fine pointing out it's an unwise financial decision, and advising accordingly. That's a decent thing to do.

Making jokes here or there, again, no problem if they're just for fun.

But the dismantling of minute details, judgement of character, unhelpful tangents of jealousy - these things aren't respectable.

Soldato
Blowing 30k on a car while still being an innexperienced driver is nuts. Buy an old one and run that for a few years.

If he's been driving since he was 17 then that's 4 years or driving. That's plenty of experience to justify a reasonable car if he can afford it.

Although the more i think about it, this feels like exactly what a lease/PCP is made for. Someone who just wants a new car every few years and doesn't particularly care about cars. OP have you considered that?

Soldato
If he's been driving since he was 17 then that's 4 years or driving. That's plenty of experience to justify a reasonable car if he can afford it.

Although the more i think about it, this feels like exactly what a lease/PCP is made for. Someone who just wants a new car every few years and doesn't particularly care about cars. OP have you considered that?

4 years isnt considered much experience, as you'll find out from insurance premiums.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom