Best 4k 43" max tv

Caporegime
i had the same dilemma as you and it came down to 2 tv's the sony or the LG.

LG has IPS panel so better viewing angles so I opted for it over the sony. if in your environment everyone views the tv head on then get the sony.

I got the 43" UH750V. Has a glass panel, brilliant onboard sound. HDR (8 bit with dithering).

I believe the HDR is slightly better on the sony but it doesn't have very good viewing angles. Colours go funny from an angle.

Soldato
OP
i had the same dilemma as you and it came down to 2 tv's the sony or the LG.

LG has IPS panel so better viewing angles so I opted for it over the sony. if in your environment everyone views the tv head on then get the sony.

I got the 43" UH750V. Has a glass panel, brilliant onboard sound. HDR (8 bit with dithering).

I believe the HDR is slightly better on the sony but it doesn't have very good viewing angles. Colours go funny from an angle.

Im no more than 20 degrees off centre on my worse sitting position. I cant work out what models are which . The £1000 sony is this years model. And is one up from the basic 4k. But im not sure if the otger slightly cheaper ones are last years but higher spec.

Caporegime
Im no more than 20 degrees off centre on my worse sitting position. I cant work out what models are which . The £1000 sony is this years model. And is one up from the basic 4k. But im not sure if the otger slightly cheaper ones are last years but higher spec.

you can normally tell by the letters or numbers used they move in progression

e.g. samsung K is 2016, J is 2015, H is 2014, they missed out I because it looks like l or a 1

panasonic back in the day you had, G10, G30, GT50, GT60 the higher the number the newer the model.

so without you telling us all the model numbers of the sony's there is no way to help

Caporegime
richer sounds has the same pricing.

either the XE is a newer model or better model from what I can tell which is why it is £300 dearer.

again all 3 of those tv's aren't 10 bit panels. how much are the LG's and what models do they have? the LG's will offer better value for money IMO.

Soldato
OP
The only lg panel id consider is the tv you have psycho.... its £899

Atm i have a Samsung ue40ju6550u 4k tv which ive had coming up about 2 years now. I only pais £408 new at the time. But im hoping picture quality would have got better since. Only real issue i have with current tv is motion blur

Caporegime
The only lg panel id consider is the tv you have psycho.... its £899

Atm i have a Samsung ue40ju6550u 4k tv which ive had coming up about 2 years now. I only pais £408 new at the time. But im hoping picture quality would have got better since. Only real issue i have with current tv is motion blur

which is still £100 cheaper than the equivalent sony @ £999

the 43" market only has 1 clear winner the KS7500 but it's curved which I can't have. all the others are 8 bit with or without dithering.

personally i would wait it out another 2 months see what the new models bring. old ones will fall in price too.

Soldato
OP
which is still £100 cheaper than the equivalent sony @ £999

the 43" market only has 1 clear winner the KS7500 but it's curved which I can't have. all the others are 8 bit with or without dithering.

personally i would wait it out another 2 months see what the new models bring. old ones will fall in price too.

Yeah i might just wait abit. Im hoping the samsung becomes available.

Associate
Those Sony's linked above are 10-bit panels, not 8-bit. XD is last years model, XE is this years. I don't think there are any "in the wild" comparisons with the newer XE yet but initial info suggests that they will pretty much be the same performance-wise, rather than an obvious step-up.

Soldato
OP
Those Sony's linked above are 10-bit panels, not 8-bit. XD is last years model, XE is this years. I don't think there are any "in the wild" comparisons with the newer XE yet but initial info suggests that they will pretty much be the same performance-wise, rather than an obvious step-up.

So are the xd models 10 bit then ?

And is the 8088 better than the 8077 ? Even tho the 77 had an original higher starting price.

Caporegime

please provide a source for this.

richer sounds says they are 8 bit with dithering

Associate

And is the 8088 better than the 8077 ? Even tho the 77 had an original higher starting price.

The last two numbers just refer to the frame colour (77 is silver, 88 is black I think).

please provide a source for this.

richer sounds says they are 8 bit with dithering

So it does. Rtings have it as a 10-bit panel: http://uk.rtings.com/tv/reviews/sony/x800d I've also seen it as 10-bit elsewhere.

Caporegime

77 and 88 tell you what colour the stand and surround is. exact same tv different colour.

i'd get the new model personally if your planning on keeping the tv a while (longer than 5 years). if your on a strict budget then save the £300 as it's no way worth 50% more

Associate
I have the Sony KD43XD8088 and as far as I'm aware it is 10bit. There are lots of conflicting reports of it being 8+2. Rtings updated its review to show it being a true 10 bit tv but it still doesn't hit the UHDpremium standard.
And it's a bloody great TV for the money though.

Back
Top Bottom