Best first 600?

Man of Honour
Looking to moving upto a 600 later on in the year from a Yam TZR125, what are my options realistically as far as not killing myself but still being fun, fuel consumption and insurance.

I've got my eye on the Bandit 600s as they seem reliable from a friend owning one, a doddle to restrict and cheap on fuel and insurance.

What other similar bikes are out there, and is there anything I should be looking out for?

Ballpark figure on a Bandit for insurance was around £380

Man of Honour
OP
Looking at the numbers on the SV and the only reason I can see for choosing it over the bandit would be the 40kg weight difference, however the SV has a bit less power,

Whats the price difference between the two particually with running them?

Associate
Looking at the numbers on the SV and the only reason I can see for choosing it over the bandit would be the 40kg weight difference, however the SV has a bit less power,

Whats the price difference between the two particually with running them?

Its a twin, it should have more torque

An 05 or 06 Ninja 636 :D

I just bought a 636 and collecting tonight (If its dry!) so ill tell you what its like for a first big bike, lol

Man of Honour
OP
An 05 or 06 Ninja 636 :D

A mate has an 04 Ninja 636 and I **** my self taking it for a ride, he's completly stupid riding without restriction and like a tit, he's had no end of problems with it lately though.

On the basis of the SV being a twin + being lighter it'll shift off the line a whole lot quicker than the bandit right?

Looking at costs it is still swaying towards the bandit as insurance is around £10 cheaper ( Not a great deal I know) but the SVs are closer to £2k and a good nick bandit of the same age can be had for £1300

Associate
Before laying a deposit down on the ninja I was looking for new bandits for sale everyday.

Black, naked, black engine, some nice mods - Lovely :D

Soldato
Im stumped between choosing an SV650 Sport or ER-6F.

Test rode them both and im undecided :(

I would use the motorway for commuting, and maybe the odd trip to France via Portsmouth -> St Malo.

Back
Top Bottom