Best Live Acts that you've seen (not necessarily your favourites)

Permabanned
I was gonna start with The Zutons but William summed them up perfectly ;)

Muse were great at the Civic a few years back

Shed 7 were also very good

Black Grape were fantastic and i can guarantee i will never go to a gig like that again

The Prodigy were great in 94

Erm cant think of anymore at the mo :)

Associate
Muse at V
Faithless at Ally Pally
White Stripes Ally Pally
Scissor Sisters - I never liked them until I saw them live, they were just ... FUN
and
Backstreet Boys - I have always been a huge fan, and I finaly got to see them again in October last year. They were amazing, vocals blew me away, great crowd interaction, and Siberia is an amazing song live. Highlight of the show.

Soldato
naffa said:
Supergrass - I was just getting into them when offered tickets so it was worthwhile going. Great live.

I saw Supergrass at Earls Court when they supported Foo Fighters, I personally didn't think they were that great live.

Matblack said:
Massive Attack - Seen these guys a few time and they put on an amazing show.

Going to see them next month :D

Went to see a band called The National last month at Koko in London. I thought they were pritty good.

Last edited:
Associate
Coldplay
Feeder
Goo Goo Dolls
REM
The Coral
Jack Johnson
The Darkness
Matt Costa
Snow Patrol
Kings of Leon

kinda in order, seen some other bands, but none of them stood out as much.

Last edited:
Associate
Chronos-X said:
Wasn't it amazing? Thank god the whole thing was recorded, the DVD is gorgeous.

It certainly was... although I'm sure that my senses were slightly dulled as I'd been working for 12 hours a day in the car parks for 5 days. I bought origin of symmetry recently after years of abstention, wish I'd bought it sooner as it's massively better than I had imagined.

Associate
The Go! Team - Was dragged along by a mate to see them at Rescue Rooms in Nottingham. Wasn't really expecting much having listened to the CD but their live performance is so far from the album it's unreal. The only gig I've been to where the whole room is actually dancing, (not just shoving into each other - but merry little happy jigs).

The Music - I don't know how they did it, but they got the Radio 1 tent at Reading rocking harder than I've seen in my 5 years there. I've never been so glad I'm not watching Metallica.

Associate
The Beat / The Selector - Mean Fiddler, London

The Arcade Fire - Bristol Academy

Flaming Lips, Dirty Pretty Things, Jose Gonzalez, Clap Your Hands Say Yeah (strange line-up) - Eternal Bar,SXSW, Austin, TX.

Royal Philharmonic Orchestra - Main Stage, Glastonbury '04

Permabanned
Faithless - SECC - the feeling when it all kicks off into a beat

Mars Volta - Manchester - was just immense

Akira the Don - MML 05 - the fact that the crowd consisted of chavs who'd never heard of him & mini-moshers who hated him, and then me and my mate who had heard him before and were singing along and dancing. from his website

Verdict:Goliath. It was me, Mary, and Son of King Rebel & Blonde Jeremy from Piranha Deathray. It was so smart. There was lightning and ****s.
BEST SONG: Bankers or Clones.
MISSILES: Three shoes! A pair of black trainers and a nice lady shoe. I threw that back, and hit a lady. I didn't mean to so I felt mean.

Soldato
ra5a-libre said:
Faithless - SECC - the feeling when it all kicks off into a beat

Mars Volta - Manchester - was just immense

Akira the Don - MML 05 - the fact that the crowd consisted of chavs who'd never heard of him & mini-moshers who hated him, and then me and my mate who had heard him before and were singing along and dancing. from his website

Sweary in your quote matey.

Associate
No doubt about it

The Goo Goo Dolls, best live act ill ever see as far as im concerned...Waited over 6 years to seem, and wasnt disappointed one bit

only one to come close was the Graham Colton Band

Associate
One gig stands out for me, purely because of the sheer randomness of it.

Clutch - Download '06 - stumbled accross their set by pure chance, never heard them before, and WOW! Great atmosphere, great energy and great music. All from a band whose members look like your Dad!

Permabanned
My favourite live acts/performances (not necessarily in order) would be...

* Metallica - Milton Keynes bowl. Probably summer of 1993 (i think).

* The previous saturday I'd been to the bowl to see Guns 'n' Roses which was also a great gig. Izzy Stradlin was back to replace Gilby Clarke who had broken his wrist a couple of weeks earlier. A great week, but blimmin' expensive!

* Alice in Chains @ Kentish town town & country club. Awesome gig in a great venue. Screaming Trees were the support who were also great. Alas I can't remember the year :(

* Red Hot Chili Peppers, just on Friday night in Ipswich! Cracking gig by one of the best live acts around.

* oh, just remembered...Faith No More @ Cambridge corn exchange! Again can't remember the year! Got the ticket stub somewhere. It was the week they appeared on the word with L7 and the lead singer dropped her kecks on telly.

Soldato
Rage Against The Machine at Leeds Festival 2000 - just unbelievable, can't believe how lucky I was to see them.

Muse at Newcastle University in 2000, supported by Coldplay - Blew Coldplay off the stage and were thoroughly enjoyable. Saw them again at Leeds Festival 2002 - just awesome.

Machine Head in Manchester 2004 - they were just immense, a wall of sound.

One Minute Silence at Newcastle Uni in 2003 - tbh can't remember much of the night or the band for that matter but I have a great feeling about it.

Pitchshifter at Newcastle Uni in 2000 (I think) - twas one of the best nights ever.

Edit: Rammstein at Newcastle Arena in 2005 - visually amazing.

Associate
PuncH said:
My favourite live acts/performances (not necessarily in order) would be...

* Alice in Chains @ Kentish town town & country club. Awesome gig in a great venue. Screaming Trees were the support who were also great. Alas I can't remember the year :(

* oh, just remembered...Faith No More @ Cambridge corn exchange! Again can't remember the year! Got the ticket stub somewhere. It was the week they appeared on the word with L7 and the lead singer dropped her kecks on telly.

I wish I'd got to see either of these bands. Layne (RIP) was well gone by the time I'd reached gig going age.

Back
Top Bottom