Best Live Acts that you've seen (not necessarily your favourites)

Soldato
U2 at Wembley (Popmart 1996?): Absolutely amazing show. I remember coming in on the coach and seeing Wembley in the distance with a giant golden arch sticking up from inside and thinking "this is going to be special" :) Also, singing "I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For" at the top of my voice with 80,000 other people was just spine-tingling.

Soldato
All from download '06

In Flames : sweet as
Metallica : dont really like the music but put on a great show
Alexisonfire : frikkin rocked the place
Prodigy : well what can i say, couple of thousand people going nuts in a tent is an expierence i will never forget. Hearing the immortal tunes live was just incredible

Soldato
Faith No More & Soundgarden - Maine Rd Manchester
Supporting Guns n Roses on the Use your Illusion tour. G n R were absolute pants. Faith no More & Soundgarden blew them off the stage with their energy. Just a fantastic performance throughout. Chris Cornells performance of Hands all Over was just amazing

Foo Fighters - Lancashire Cricket Club

Not a lot to be said on this gig other than it was prob the most acomplished I have seen live. Really got the crowd going. The two hours they were on went in the blink of an eye

Soldato
I've not been to all that many gigs in my time, but the two that stand out for me are -

The Sisters of Mercy and Depeche Mode, Crystal Palace '93. "Enjoy the Puppet Show". I remember lying on a grassy mound just outside the stadium listening while the Sisters went through an entire trial run of their set. They played Comfortably numb during this trial run which had become a bit of stapple of their sets, but for whatever reason they didnt play it in their actual set. It was great though as i effectively got two of their gigs for the price of one. I also got quite bad sunburn from lying there, but ho hum ... Depeche Mode werent half bad either. The whole journey down had been quite entertaining as there were 2 big coach loads of us which had left from Aberdeen and Dundee. The service stations must have wondered what had hit them at 4 in the morning when a 100 or so folk dressed in black and wearing shades start skulking around around, LOL :eek: Our driver was dozing off at the wheel on the motorway on the way back up and one of us had to go up the bus, to gently wake him up and hope we didnt crash in the meantime :eek: Quite eventful.

Pop Will Eat Itself, Barrowlands, Early 90's. Just so much darn energy.

Not entirely my cup of tea, but saw Elastica in Glenrothes Halls of all places and they were suprisingly good.

Last edited:
Associate
ooh, cool thread they keep coming to me as i type :D

The Levellers - Manchester Apollo & Leicester De Montfort hall, THE best live band i have ever seen

Oasis @ Liverpool Royal Court, 1000 odd people, still the acoustic set in the middle

The Prodigy at T in the Park, one of 'em rolled on in a massive bubble ball!

Dodgy at the Buckley Tivoli - small venue, loads of hot women

Dodgy at T in the Park, my first crowd surf :)

Rage Against the Machine, both at Manchester Apollo and Reading, mental mosh pits (although not as bad as the Levellers)

Therapy? at the Liverpool Royal Court, not many people there but mental strobe lights

other bands i remember being good:
Skunk Anansie
RHCP
Beck
Underworld
Scratch Perverts
Rae & Christian

nin9a

Soldato
Went to see Erasure last year. My mate has always been a fan and wanted me to go with him. I only knew about a third of the songs but I thought the gig was awesome. They were as vibrant as a new act.

Nothing will ever compare to seeing Elvis on the big screen at Sheffield Arena with his original band and orchestra backing the virtual Elvis. When an entire audience gets on it's feet for "American Trilogy", sung by a man who's not even there, then you know you're watching the greatest.

Soldato
considering i didnt really like them beforehand electric six where spot on when i seen them a few years back.

also considering id never heard of them the infadels where amazing live when i seen them, although boro beating chelsea 3-0 might of made me look at that day rose tinted :p

prodigy at metro arena was immense too

if the videos of the coachella performance was anything to go buy then next week ill be back telling you how amazing daft punk where.

Associate
lacuna coil at the scala last year... oh the good times!
acoustic to start with, then full blown.. christina scabbia vocals!!!!

download was awsome this year too.. metallica, within temptation, flyleaf and of course the coil!!!

cant wait till october to see them again! w00t!!!

lou :D

Associate
Pink Floyd - The Wall - Earls Court 1980 - (nothing comes close) :D

Led Zeppelin - Knebworth 1979 ;)

AC/DC - If You Want Blood Tour , Newcastle Mayfair ( supported by Judas Priest ) - Back In Black Tour - Brian Johnsons first AC/DC gig back in Newcastle !

Rush - Hemispheres Tour - Newcastle City Hall

Motorhead - No Sleep Til Hammersmith Tour - Newcastle City Hall

U2 - Popmart - Wembley Stadium

Ozzy Osbourne (with Randy Rhoades) - Newcastle City Hall

Genesis - Invisible Touch Tour - ( Leeds Roundhay Park )

UFO - Lights Out Tour - Newcastle City Hall ( with Schenker )

Thin Lizzy - Live & Dangerous - Hammersmith Odeon

Loads more concerts, Reading Rock Festivals, and Monsters of Rock gigs as I am older than coal before you ask , and still enjoy great live bands ! :D

Last edited:
Soldato
For me three acts stand out as gigs I really didn't want to end.

Manics @ Nottingham 2004 - Due to technical difficulties (flooded control box and James losing repeaters) they played an extra medley of "classic" tracks as a thankyou for putting up with the few small problems.
Result was an amazing gig.
Razorlight as support were also very good.

REM @ Ipswich 2005 - Day after the London bombings so the opening statement and dedication of "Everybody Hurts" to the victims of the bombings meant the gig started on an emotional high and then didn't drop off.
Support from the Zutons was an inspired choice and got everyone in the mood before hand.

Kylie @ MEN 2005 - Yes I am male, no I'm not gay and yes I do think she is a babe! "Showgirl" was such an apt name for her tour, she is quite amazing on stage and the show was great.

Soldato
BLUR - V2000 festival

THE PRODIGY - same as above, huge crush mid gig, took 30 mins to sort out then the dedicated BREATHE to the people injured, ****** AWESOME

ORBITAL - seem them many times, always great atmosphere

JAMIROQUAI - Apollo in manchester, great gig and great small venue

STONE ROSES - legends night club in warrignton, before they made it big. just amazing raw talent

Soldato
I feel the need to mention Isis in this thread, having just seen them last Sunday. Stupidly stupidly good. Had such intense energy on stage, the kind of energy I've only seen from Mastodon before in terms of metal. They were tight as ****, and completely blew me away.

Soldato
chino said:
Rage Against the Machine - So much energy.

:mad: lucky

havnt seen many bands but the mars volta have been amazing both time i have seen them, such a good live show, shame it was both times ruined by the **** crowds at the b'ham carling academy

Back
Top Bottom