Best savings account?

Soldato
Thanks guys! Apart from the fluctuating rates, are there any risks in using the Trading 212 ISA?

No, read about it here: https://www.trading212.com/isa?cash-isa=

You're protected by the usual £85K FCA protection as long as you keep the cash in the specific Cash ISA.

I don't see any gotchas or issues. Daily interest is more fun as well (even though AER means it's all annualised anyway in a sense).

Chips ISA is 5.1% currently (variable) no withdraw limits

It's not huge but 5.2% is still better than 5.1%.

Last edited:
Soldato
Its fscs protected but so far nobody knows which bank is holding the funds it seems. So if you have significant cash across multiple banks you need to know which bank is holding the funds.

At a guess it's JP Morgan, based on the fact that this is the bank you deposit with to add funds if you do manual payments. This is who shows up for me.

No, read about it here: https://www.trading212.com/isa?cash-isa=

You're protected by the usual £85K FCA protection as long as you keep the cash in the specific Cash ISA.

I don't see any gotchas or issues. Daily interest is more fun as well (even though AER means it's all annualised anyway in a sense).

It's not huge but 5.2% is still better than 5.1%.

Unless its a regular saver when 5.2% is only 2.6% ;) *

*For clarity its not, but we were told it was many times.

Soldato
Unless its a regular saver when 5.2% is only 2.6% ;) *

*For clarity its not, but we were told it was many times.

Still banging on about this?

Look at number 5.

Still banging on about this?

Look at number 5.

Yes what looks like, not what is.

Comedy is timeless. Your not the first to make this mistake btw, people have done it here before.
Don't be so sensitive.

Soldato
Yes what looks like, not what is.

Comedy is timeless. Your not the first to make this mistake btw, people have done it here before.
Don't be so sensitive.
Im not sensitive but I continually have to defend myself from your snide comments.

No one, including myself, said it was wrong, it was a rule of thumb to make the maths easy that's all, and that is what the MSE article says. No one said anything different at any point.

Im not sensitive but I continually have to defend myself from your snide comments.

No one, including myself, said it was wrong, it was a rule of thumb to make the maths easy that's all, and that is what the MSE article says. No one said anything different at any point.

You absolutely did when you started going on about other stuff being better because of the rate even though may of us pointed out time after time that rate is absolute.

Classic comedy is classic comedy.

Soldato
You absolutely did when you started going on about other stuff being better because of the rate even though may of us pointed out time after time that rate is absolute
I was wrong about the choice of product yes, that was nothing to do with the quick estimate of the regular savings account being nominally half the rate, which is still correct.*

*or half the balance at the full rate, or half the time with the full balance at the full rate. Whichever you prefer mathematically they are all the same outcome.

Soldato
Not confirmed yet, but Nationwide could repeat the fairer sharer payment this year, find out tomorrow.

I missed out last time but I switched over my main current AC, so I now have Current AC, Reg Saver, and Mortgage, should be eligible if they repeat it.

I have a lot of money in there, so its beating the 7% £300 regular savings, just wanted it arrange a payment monthly to it automatically

Beating it how? On volume maybe but won't be £ for £.

Soldato
Not confirmed yet, but Nationwide could repeat the fairer sharer payment this year, find out tomorrow.

I missed out last time but I switched over my main current AC, so I now have Current AC, Reg Saver, and Mortgage, should be eligible if they repeat it.

Beating it how? On volume maybe but won't be £ for £.
RBS/Natwet Premier give a tenner a month anyway...

Soldato
RBS/Natwet Premier give a tenner a month anyway...

Those are some steep requirements to get it. I'd have no chance of getting this.

Your giant mortgage may make you eligible? :D

Are you eligible for Premier?​

To apply you must be 18 or over, a permanent UK resident and you must have ONE of at least:
  • £100k sole income or £120k joint income paid into your NatWest account
  • £100k savings or investments held with us
  • £500k mortgage borrowing with us.

Back
Top Bottom