Best savings account?

Whats the offer?
Open a Nutmeg account through the link in your Chase app and pay in £1k before 5th (IIRC) April and then keep at least the minimum amount to keep the account open (£500 for most of them) in there until 30th June then shortly after you'll get £100 deposited into your Nutmeg account.

Open a Nutmeg account through the link in your Chase app and pay in £1k before 5th (IIRC) April and then keep at least the minimum amount to keep the account open (£500 for most of them) in there until 30th June then shortly after you'll get £100 deposited into your Nutmeg account.

Nice one

Hi, whats the best savings account at the moment yeilding the highest interest where i can make either up to £400 contributions per month or no limit per month, and not have a max overall limit if possible. Interest paid monthly again preferable?

i just had a message from santander.. they are upping my interest rate from 1.75% to 2%. i was going to leave them............. i still am, given there is a monthly charge as well as a max limit you get any interest on in the account as well as having to have direct debits. that is still a poor interest rate i think. Shame. back in the day the 1,2,3 account was great.

Hi, whats the best savings account at the moment yeilding the highest interest where i can make either up to £400 contributions per month or no limit per month, and not have a max overall limit if possible. Interest paid monthly again preferable?

I'm using lloyds and first direct for 5.25pc and 7pc with a 400 and 300 deposit per month for a year fixed.
I put my lump sum in a fixed bond. Before this so the regular savers worked well for me.
FD gave 175 cash too.

So come December I should land 460 in interest. Nearly 190 from my fixed bond, 135 from Lloyd's and 135 from fd.

Will be 635 in total in December. 175 from fd and the 460 in interest

Last edited:
I'm using lloyds and first direct for 5.25pc and 7pc with a 400 and 300 deposit per month for a year fixed.
I put my lump sum in a fixed bond. Before this so the regular savers worked well for me.
FD gave 175 cash too.

So come December I should land 460 in interest. Nearly 190 from my fixed bond, 135 from Lloyd's and 135 from fd.

Will be 635 in total in December. 175 from fd and the 460 in interest

First direct seems ok, however its paid yearly. Which i guess is not too bad but would prefer monthly,

First direct seems ok, however its paid yearly. Which i guess is not too bad but would prefer monthly,

Works for me as I have a big buy now pay later January holiday.
Also planning on buying a van in 2024 so I don't need access to that for a year for sure.

Also, can't go over 500 in interest outside an isa due to tax.

Barclays customers :
  • Only available to Barclays Blue Rewards members
  • 5.12% AER/5.00% gross p.a.1.on balances up to £5,000
  • 0.55% AER/gross p.a.1 on balances over £5,000
  • Open your account, access and manage your savings using our app, Online Banking, by phone or in a branch2
  • Open from £1 – if you want to save regularly you can set up a standing order

So what would i get after the year if i put £5K in ?

Last edited:
Barclays customers :
  • Open your account, access and manage your savings using our app, Online Banking, by phone or in a branch2

Drip-feed £5k or lump sum from day1?

Barclays customers :

£256 minus whatever the fee is for being a blue rewards member.

Back
Top Bottom