Best savings account?

My Nationwide ISA and Reg Saver mature in the next 5 weeks.... Any recommendations what to do with £10k with 2 simple caveats:

I have no intention on touching this money as it is there to be used in case I become unemployed at any point
I won't need immediate access to it but it cannot be untouchable for x amount of years either given its purpose.

Essentially it needs to be accessible but only for the unemployment scenario.

My Nationwide ISA and Reg Saver mature in the next 5 weeks.... Any recommendations what to do with £10k with 2 simple caveats:

I have no intention on touching this money as it is there to be used in case I become unemployed at any point
I won't need immediate access to it but it cannot be untouchable for x amount of years either given its purpose.

Essentially it needs to be accessible but only for the unemployment scenario.
Zopa ISA, you lock in for as long/as little as you want.

Why not Chips Cash ISA they offer a higher rate 4.84%?
No reason - I found Zopa first I guess! Chip looks great too.

Easy access on Zopa is 4.8% ATM.

Edit: I can't see a fixed account with Chip - I can easily lock away in Zopa for 1 to 5 years:

reHh3dl.jpeg

Last edited:
my initial experience of chip has been very positive.
(in my defence i was tired) i tried to open an isa, i was a new customer so was looking at 5.12% however by mistake i opened a savings account (still 5% which is nice but presumably not tax free). I noticed my error a day later - at which point i think i had passed the deadline for the boosted percentage rate, so i opened the isa anyway at 4.8% (i was no longer a new customer) and transferred the money from the savings account into the isa.

on the off chance i fired an email to their support asking if i could get the new customer boost anyway as i am an idiot and opened the wrong account, and they added it for me.

so all in all, i am pretty pleased at their support as they had my money anyway, so they had no incentive to give me the extra interest.

Back
Top Bottom