Best savings account?

Does the balance need to be above £500 for the duration? Surely not...? due to market volatility?
This is what I wondered - Does it have to be kept above £500?

I'm leaving the grand in at 1/10 risk. No way will a portfolio of 80% bonds drop 10% by the end of June.
And this is what I'm also thinking. Just close the app and forget about it until they give me the £100 bonus and then take the lot out, thank you very much.

This is what I wondered - Does it have to be kept above £500?

And this is what I'm also thinking. Just close the app and forget about it until they give me the £100 bonus and then take the lot out, thank you very much.

I think so too, the £100 bonus will offset any drop in the market by a large margin, and the interest from £500 for 3 months is like £3 so might as well just forget it for 3 months.

p.s. I don't expect bond value drops more either, for that to happen they would have to raise interest rates a lot, and after what happened to SVB last week...I think the US Treasury will think twice before raising interest rate again, at least right now.

I mean, they could but just a guess.

Last edited:
Any thoughts on Fidelity for a Junior ISA using their Index World Fund as they don't charge any fees? I have a couple of young kids and they have a while to go until University or getting on the housing ladder so monthly top ups and no fees sounded better than Vanguard?

Last edited:
Any thoughts on Fidelity for a Junior ISA using their Index World Fund as they don't charge any fees? I have a couple of young kids and they have a while to go until University or getting on the housing ladder so monthly top ups and no fees sounded better than Vanguard?
This is exactly the right provider for Junior ISAs. You can access Vanguard funds from within Fidelity. I use VWRP IIRC.

Top 1% feels good, doesn't it? :cool:
my-man-together.gif

Living the dream! Give it a few decades and we might have enough for a corner sofa and a Gucci belt :cool:

Last edited:
This is exactly the right provider for Junior ISAs. You can access Vanguard funds from within Fidelity. I use VWRP IIRC.

Thanks for the heads up on Vanguard being available via Fidelity. I was too busy looking at their own offerings as didn't think they would offer a Vanguard Index Fund for some reason.

They do offer VWRP. It is more a set and forget and drop in monthly deposits for them and see where it takes them in the future so there shouldn't be much in it between both funds.

I actually use VAFTA through Fidelity for my girl but can't remember why, lol.

So many names! VAFTA VWRL. They all get confusing. But main thing is knowing Fidelity makes the most sense given no fees and kicks me into gear on setting something up for them on a regular basis. Tempted to do a Junior SIPP also and every now and again add to that and they can add to it once they get older.

As for myself trying to figure out dumping more into a private SIPP or ISA route but that will be via Vanguard themselves as fees seem lower.

Question... I had a cash isa earlier this financial year , but didn't contribute anything into it , and then closed it.... I believe I could open another one now before end of tax year, is that correct? Or do I have to wait until the next year starts?

Thanks

Back
Top Bottom