Best savings account?

So the changes to the Vanguard ISA have finally come into effect.

Can anyone recommend an alternative cash ISA for comparable rates to easy access savings? (or a S&S ISA where you get interest on cash balances, I think MoneyBox were mentioned previously?).

Any reason not to trust putting my savings in a Chase savings account?

Santander has the majority of my savings at the moment at 2.7% but Chase are now at 3.1%, not huge differences on a month to month basis but if risk is the same I'd rather move it across.

Paranoid with it being a newish bank/different banking model, do I need to be? Thanks all

Last edited:

Santander has the majority of my savings at the moment at 2.7% but Chase are now at 3.1%, not huge differences on a month to month basis but if risk is the same I'd rather move it across.

Paranoid with it being a newish bank/different banking model, do I need to be? Thanks all

Chase are fine, they are FSCS protected :)

[Edit] They aren't new either, they are a division of JP Morgan with a catchy name.

Last edited:
So the changes to the Vanguard ISA have finally come into effect.

Can anyone recommend an alternative cash ISA for comparable rates to easy access savings? (or a S&S ISA where you get interest on cash balances, I think MoneyBox were mentioned previously?).
Moneybox is the highest still I have found for a S&S Isa - still at 3.25% hopefully it increases

Moneybox is the highest still I have found for a S&S Isa - still at 3.25% hopefully it increases

I suspect that's who I'll jump to. I would be disappointed to open a new account on 6th April and find they drop their rates like Vanguard did though as that would screw me for the rest of the year.

I have found ZOPA to be good if you use the 31 or 95 day notice accounts. They also seem good at updating their rates. There are probably better ones around now, but last year they had one of the best 95 day notice accounts. Even their instant access is 3.2 atm.

Last edited:

If you're setting up a new account just to move savings to then go with Chip for 3.4%

Chase isn't new. Chase in the US is a massive bank with banks on the highstreet.

Last edited:
Thanks all, concerns thoroughly assuaged!

If you're setting up a new account just to move savings to then go with Chip for 3.4%

So I already have the Chase accounts set up, a current a/c and a savings a/c, but was testing the waters with the current a/c firstly. The "immediate" 1% cash back is a breath of fresh air after a decade plus with AMEX.

I'll check out Chip though.

So I already have the Chase accounts set up, a current a/c and a savings a/c, but was testing the waters with the current a/c firstly. The "immediate" 1% cash back is a breath of fresh air after a decade plus with AMEX.

It is max 15£ per month on cashback though, so AMEX still distinctly has its place.

Our credit card offers for bonuses in the UK is so bad compared to the US.

I read some travel hacking stuff and 90% of the ways to get points via credit card sign up doesn't work here as besides Amex and Virgin, it's really bare. Chase 1% cashback is really the best but I hate using a Debit Card for transactions.

When your original 1 year cashback reward expires, it'll change to £15pm max (assuming you also pay in £500 a month)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom