Best savings account?

i opened a chip account and its certainly weird - doesnt seem to be any security/logging in.
Moving money by bank transfer is also weird and like nothing else ive used.

i opened a chip account and its certainly weird - doesnt seem to be any security/logging in.
Moving money by bank transfer is also weird and like nothing else ive used.
Yeah you need to manually turn on authentication to access the app if you want it, assuming it's because you can't change the nominated bank within the app therefore all you can really do is move money in and out of your own account or see the balances.

I've just opened a Chip account too, and I'm not too keen on it's wording and way of working.
Which bits out of interest?
These days it's just the same as any other savings account (assuming you're using it for the instant access savings account), it was slightly different in the past with interest being paid as a "bonus" rather than actual interest.

Yeah you need to manually turn on authentication to access the app if you want it, assuming it's because you can't change the nominated bank within the app therefore all you can really do is move money in and out of your own account or see the balances.
ahh, turned it on now

Which bits out of interest?
These days it's just the same as any other savings account (assuming you're using it for the instant access savings account), it was slightly different in the past with interest being paid as a "bonus" rather than actual interest.

The display when I wanted to add money to Chip wasn't particularly clear in the flow of money in my opinion.

if your an existing YBS customer theres a cash isa you can withdraw from at 4.25% upto 20k and 3.75 above that utpo 500k, looks pretty good

Isbank are offering a 5% 1 year fix.

Isbank are offering a 5% 1 year fix.

Are these well renound banks with history ? Not going to collapse in the future ?

Is there an alternative which allows you to withdraw if you need to that's close on % ? Never done one of these before and not sure if I trust sticking a larger amount in for a year

Has anyone tried the 6 month or 9 month ones ?

Are these well renound banks with history ? Not going to collapse in the future ?

Is there an alternative which allows you to withdraw if you need to that's close on % ? Never done one of these before and not sure if I trust sticking a larger amount in for a year

Has anyone tried the 6 month or 9 month ones ?
FSCS protected so doesn't matter. You're good upto 75k

Back
Top Bottom