Best savings account?

Just had an email from Chase upping their savings to 3.3%

they arent the best

i have the barclays one

EDIT //
i think if you have a BIG amount, its probably good, but it might match a cash ISA ?

Last edited:
they arent the best

i have the barclays one

EDIT //
i think if you have a BIG amount, its probably good, but it might match a cash ISA ?
Thats better than I remember for the first 5k. Plus a fiver a month. Much better than my current COOP setup!

they arent the best

i have the barclays one

EDIT //
Extra bonus, if you happen to have a mortgage with Barclays, you get £3 back on top.

So for £5k in it, you get just under £20 in interest, + £3.

It works out to about £275 a year. That is my phone bill paid for!

Extra bonus, if you happen to have a mortgage with Barclays, you get £3 back on top.

You get a fiver for 2 direct debits so +60£?

Edit: oic but 60 fee so net 0

Last edited:
Unless you are in it for the Rainy Day Saver, Barclays Blue Rewards usually isn't really worth it IMO.

Barclays never do switching offers, so you stand to gain up to £200 switching elsewhere, and unless you have other Barclays products which may mean being stuck with an uncompetitive product, you don't get anything back as the fee cancels out the reward.

If the Barclays mortgage, house insurance, life insurance etc.. are all things you have, and are the cheapest for you, then sure it might be ok.

In terms of pure interest rates, the Rainy Day Saver hasn't increased with the BoE rates for the last 4 announcements IIRC. Over a year, you'd only lose £11 in interest to something like Atom's 1 year fixed saver (of course that's fixed though), which is due for an increase very soon.

Might move to this account.if it's still available when my 7pc regular saver (300ppm) and 5.25 regular saver (400ppm) expires.

Pop those in to hit the 5k cap.

Last edited:
Now the banks have changed their T&C's for the switching offers to 'you are only eligible if you've never had a switching bonus before*' I don't think I'll be getting anymore now, as it looks like I've had them all before!

I'll just have to keep an eye out for any obscure building society offers!

* It used to be not if you've had a bonus within the last X years

Back
Top Bottom