Best savings account?

What seems to be the confusion? CO-OP long term holders which I am get 4.25% on instant savings account, they have been pretty much matching BOE rate now for past few months. :)

We were confused how you have the same type of account as one that currently offers around 2% yet you are getting over 4.

Anyone else looking at the Nutmeg account they created as the deal through Chase and feeling a little concerned?

I'm showing twelve quid down today :eek:
It'll probably break even by the time you can withdraw it, unless the US market tanks.

It's funny looking at their returns track record and seeing how it's never beat a basic S&P500 ETF, but that's been proven time and again - managed portfolios are rarely worth the fees.

Doing this for the £100 thing, so still £90 up....and dropping lol
It's gone down twelve quid, if it drops another £88 in the next month, we'll end up not making anything.

Of course, it's an investment with an associated risk but it'd be quite disappointing to end up with that £100 just covering the loss from the investment.

It's gone down twelve quid, if it drops another £88 in the next month, we'll end up not making anything.

Of course, it's an investment with an associated risk but it'd be quite disappointing to end up with that £100 just covering the loss from the investment.

Short term is not investing, short term is more gambling.

I opened my first Stocks ISA last September, put £350 in...it went down to -£15 at one point, up £1.86 up, after 9 months !!! It was in the negative last month. It's basically done nothing in almost a year. In a way.....it could be a good thing, if this is indeed the bottom then I should buy more....or....just put new savings into regular savings account and get that 4% interest instead.

Back
Top Bottom