Best savings account?

It's gone down twelve quid, if it drops another £88 in the next month, we'll end up not making anything.
Slim chance of that happening though, no? I would have thought the arse would have to literally fall out of the markets for us to end up barely breaking even :confused:

Saying that i'm -£7 down and as long as at the end it hasn't cost me anything (need to make £20/25 to cover saving interest and fees) then ¯\_(ツ)_/¯....it's the risk we've taken.

Does anyone have any experience of Junior Stocks and Shares ISAs?
Got a decent chunk of money and want to put it into my kids' (age 2 and 4) savings. They both have savings accounts that money goes into each month, and cash ISAs that birthday/Christmas money goes into it.. but I was thinking about converting the ISAs to Stocks and Shares ISAs as over the time till they're 18 I'd expect that be a better return.

Got a decent chunk of money and want to put it into my kids' (age 2 and 4) savings. They both have savings accounts that money goes into each month, and cash ISAs that birthday/Christmas money goes into it.. but I was thinking about converting the ISAs to Stocks and Shares ISAs as over the time till they're 18 I'd expect that be a better return.

What do you need to know?

LS is UK weighted, if that's what you want... personally I switched to the global index.

Which particular global fund is that? One of these?

4LuRWz9.jpeg

Open with Fidelity; you can access Vanguard funds that aren't even available on Vanguard, and it is 0 fee for under 18s/JISAs.

Reactions: GeX
There's still a month to go.
If we lose £88 in a month (i.e. still 0) then I imagine we will be in a much worse situation globally. 10% down on "super safe bonds" would indicate some kind of apocalypse tbh. Best worry if you might win the lottery or something; much more likely.

Last edited:
Am surprised to see some people on here have co-op accounts

I always thought the co-op was only in the channel islands :o

Or is the channel island co-op a totally different company :confused::confused::confused:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom