Best savings account?

Coventry BS have a loyalty 5.9% bond until end of Aug 24.
Seems quite a decent one if you can accept it.

That 1p I never withdrew doing its thing keeping offers open ;)
That's a great rate.
I fixed for 3 years in December at 4.75.
Thats not looking so smart now!

I want all my cash accessible in 2025 for that potential house move. So next fixes I'll be looking at are probably 1 year in a years time.

Last edited:
It really depends because there is also an opportunity cost of waiting for better rates. I favour the ladder option so never long to wait until a fix expires.
I was confident enough rates were going to peak at 5 back in December I popped enough in that 3 year bond to max out my tax free.

Its not a regret as I want to be completely liquid in 3 years for next house buy. So this tax year I'll take out a 2 year. Cash isa. The year after a 1 year.
Basically releasing everything in 2025.

Just got good news. The Coventry building society four access account I took out is putting rates up to 4.5% , and it lets you take out money at any amount 4 times a year.

That's a good rate for semi-easy access.

Last edited:
Maybe, I can't see why the linked bank would have any interest or responsibility report though.
Yeah, I don’t understand it either but when I set up my Chip account it wasn’t just a case of putting my main account details in (Santander), it was fully integrated into the Santander account to the point I got a message from Santander themselves saying the accounts were linked.

just had a look on MSE

1 year fixed cash isa , just under 6%

or

there's 3 bank with saving accounts, fixed for a year, again just under 6% all 3 with Max deposits quite high

any point not opening an ISA then ?

After reading this, I just opened a Chip account and deposited £500, all good and then I was about to link my account and it said I needed my debit card, so I closed the app and got the card. Opened the Chip app and thought there wasnt any security to log in, is there something Im missing as I cant seem to find anything to set a login?

After reading this, I just opened a Chip account and deposited £500, all good and then I was about to link my account and it said I needed my debit card, so I closed the app and got the card. Opened the Chip app and thought there wasnt any security to log in, is there something Im missing as I cant seem to find anything to set a login?

setttings - secure log in, options are fingerprint or pin

Next time they raise it I'll have to do a long screenshot

8OnodaE.png

Getting more and more tempted to move from Chase to Chip, they're much quicker at applying the increases but the Chase current account is pretty good, if it wasnt for the current account I would have moved by now

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom