Best savings account?

Why not keep the Chase current a/c then and just use the Chip savings account?
Yes it's the obvious question isn't it, the answer is I already have 3 banking apps with 3 different accounts, will need a fourth at some point soon for an ISA and there's a point where it's like how far do you go with it all. Especially when previously before I got into this making money work for you thing I was ignorantly using one app for one bank with all of my accounts in there. Simpler times.

Yes it's the obvious question isn't it, the answer is I already have 3 banking apps with 3 different accounts, will need a fourth at some point soon for an ISA and there's a point where it's like how far do you go with it all.

I've got accounts in 14 different banks, so you've got some way to go yet! ;)

TBF, it's ended up like that as during the last 15 yrs of no interest rates I used to open all the current accounts that gave the interest rewards for a limited amount of money. Then with the bank switching bonuses it was always good to have spare accounts I didn't really use as a swap account.

And also, if it's just for a savings account, you don't really need app access on your phone as you're not really going to be using it/accessing it that often, so via a browser is fine - though of course in this case Chip is one of the app only types.

Was looking at reviews of Chip and they all seem to be very positive and then looked at the reviews for Clearbank who the instant access savings are actually with and they get stinking reviews. Admittedly it seems lots of people that are scammed are by people that hold accounts at Clearbank, but there were a few that hold accounts with Clearbank that were complaining how bad they were and wouldnt let them access their money. Anyone had any issues accessing their money when required?

Was looking at reviews of Chip and they all seem to be very positive and then looked at the reviews for Clearbank who the instant access savings are actually with and they get stinking reviews. Admittedly it seems lots of people that are scammed are by people that hold accounts at Clearbank, but there were a few that hold accounts with Clearbank that were complaining how bad they were and wouldnt let them access their money. Anyone had any issues accessing their money when required?
No issues here and I've pulled plenty out in the time I've had a Chip account.

Only issue I've had with Chip so far is that Natwest have flagged 2 large payments as suspect so I've had to go through the long process on the phone of approving it - never had that when I was transferring to Chase.

Only issue I've had with Chip so far is that Natwest have flagged 2 large payments as suspect so I've had to go through the long process on the phone of approving it - never had that when I was transferring to Chase.

Same with lloyds, I had to go through fraud detection twice when transferring my initial amounts into Chip over 2 days.

UWcmAWd.png

Back
Top Bottom