Best savings account?

After the hassle I had with fraud detection moving into chip don't think I cba to move it again for 0.49% extra at the moment. I'll wait and see after the next round of BOE rate increases

The issue is when a savings provider uses an intermediary bank to process the transactions or hold the funds, chip and zopa etc. It causes issues with identifying the payments going to the right place.

Has anyone opened a raisin account, I can't say I've heard of them until I done a search for high interest savings account but it seems like you can open multiple accounts from your raisin account, many are offering 6% for a 1 year fix.

Has anyone opened a raisin account, I can't say I've heard of them until I done a search for high interest savings account but it seems like you can open multiple accounts from your raisin account, many are offering 6% for a 1 year fix.

No, but I’ve opened a currant account.

Last edited:
It's a savings marketplace, hargreaves do one as do others, aj bell, aviva. Takes the hassle out of opening individual accounts.

Reactions: dal
Hi guys I know I have posted a few times in this thread recently asking for a no penalty high interest savings account or bonds account that will yield the most interest ideally which is paid on a monthly basis..

I'm not currently paying in to an ISA but my premium bonds will be maxed end of this month. I want to start saving In to another pot.
.I would be classed as a high tax rate earner. I have heard people saying I should be looking to fill an ISA now but is there anything better than ISA which will give me a better return interest or prize wise where I won't be raped for tax ?

What ever it is I'm looking to setup this or next month..

As I'm getting higher winnings from premium.bonds at the moment and want the chances of that continuing if possible I don't want to take anything out of that.

Although if I have 2 -3consecutive months of no winnings in premium bonds I may consider taking 10k-20k out and putting it in said new savings to get it Kickstarted

Last edited:
Hi guys I know I have posted a few times in this thread recently asking for a no penalty high interest savings account or bonds account that will yield the most interest ideally which is paid on a monthly basis..

I'm not currently paying in to an ISA but my premium bonds will be maxed end of this month. I want to start saving In to another pot.
.I would be classed as a high tax rate earner. I have heard people saying I should be looking to fill an ISA now but is there anything better than ISA which will give me a better return interest or prize wise where I won't be raped for tax ?

As I'm getting higher winnings from premium.bonds at the moment and want the chances of that continuing if possible I don't want to take anything out of that.

Although if I have 2 -3consecutive months of no winnings in premium bonds I may consider taking 10k-20k out and putting it in said new savings to get it Kickstarted
I'm not up to date with the latest offerings, but something you'll need to answer to get more appropriate suggestions... Do you need easy access to the money, or would you be happy to lock it away for months/years?

Jumping ship from Chip to Tandem as Chip have held out too long on the latest increase, though Tandem paused applications over the weekend so need to wait until tomorrow :o

You can really save like £10k in a normal interest account before you hit £500 a year at like 4% interest so I would go for that first, then I'd look into ISA, which gives you a £20,000 annual limit. Quite a lot from my perspective!

Jumping ship from Chip to Tandem as Chip have held out too long on the latest increase, though Tandem paused applications over the weekend so need to wait until tomorrow :o
I got in just before they closed on Friday, in reality it's not going to earn me much more but if we don't do the shuffle there's no incentive for the slow movers to up their rates

Back
Top Bottom