Best savings account?

Just opened up a Tandam account.

My god, it takes bloody forever to transfer funds over. Find the app to be a little slow. I’ll get use to it.

Chip was great in this sense as it was smooth and the app was far more polished to use.

I opened the shawbrook last week. Wont be full this year as already paid some into S&S ISA.
Painless process but they are a little slow to recognise the deposits (3-4 hours or so)

Something to watch out for is flexible. Means you can withdraw and put it back in the same year and not lose the tax free status.

There wasn't a competitive one last week, but now Newcastle BS are there.

I moved to tandem last week - happy so far but just got a moneysupermarket update showing RCI bank (never heard of them but FSCS regulated) has a 6% 3 year locked account. Imo 6% locked for 3 years offers a top tier stable interest rate if you can manage not to touch it. i think that rate will outlast the current BOE base rate policy as I believe they will lower the rates in a few months now inflation is starting to come under control.

if 1 years more your bag that standard charter offering a 6.02% 1 yr bond

The tandem app is horrible. Making it impossible to link banks just loops.
I had no issue with linking RBS.
Anyone having issues trying to sign up with Tandem on the app? I've tried multiple times to receive the sign-in SMS code when registering the mobile number with zero luck.
Are you including the +44 or not?

Back
Top Bottom