Best savings account?

Santander limited edition easy access - 5.20% (for 12 months)...

https://www.santander.co.uk/personal/savings-and-investments/savings/easy-access-saver

Only available until 17th September, or sooner if it sells out.

Thanks for the heads up, I was with them anyway but only getting 4% so opened this and will move my money across.

I tried to get them just to change the rate on my account but they said it wasn't possible. Applied in the app for this new account and it was instantly available when I refreshed my app.

Thanks for the heads up, I was with them anyway but only getting 4% so opened this and will move my money across.

I tried to get them just to change the rate on my account but they said it wasn't possible. Applied in the app for this new account and it was instantly available when I refreshed my app.

Same here
Looks like they have fixed their mess they made last time with accounts taking ages to be setup (I then had 2 of the limited edition max 1 per person accounts lolz)

Im struggling to pick an ISA account which gives a decent high interest and no penalty for withdrawals, seems a lot of them if you withdraw you have a 90 day interest pentaly or 60 day etc or some 180 day penalty

Can anyone recommend something for the moment which is around 4.8% to 5.5% or something which pays monthly interest and had no penalty ?

Last edited:
Im struggling to pick an ISA account which gives a decent high interest and no penalty for withdrawals, seems a lot of them if you withdraw you have a 90 day interest pentaly or 60 day etc or some 180 day penalty

Can anyone recommend something for the moment which is around 4.8% to 5.5% or something which pays monthly interest and had no penalty ?

The short answer is there aren't any, not at the rates you want without penalty / early access and paid interest paid monthly.

not that high

Santander are doing the silly thing where they are quoting monthly interest accounts with the same AER and Gross which isn't how it works.

Makes it look like you lose 0.12% from choosing monthly interest over annual
OK so it's not clear if you get a lower AER from choosing monthly interest. MSE says you do, Moneyfacts says you don't.

Santander's key information contradicts itself, web chat is useless. Might try the phone

good job savings accounts have no affect on your credit score, for the most part id never bother moving money over 0.5% but this year ive never opened so many accounts and doing so has given me enough money in interest that it covers my monthly house rent and then some.

good job savings accounts have no affect on your credit score, for the most part id never bother moving money over 0.5% but this year ive never opened so many accounts and doing so has given me enough money in interest that it covers my monthly house rent and then some.
You've either got very cheap rent or such large savings I'm surprised you're renting!

Back
Top Bottom