Best savings account?

Why do Ford run savings accounts, is the idea you save then buy a new Ford or something?

Their easy access account is now 4.95%.
Ford make money by turning money into metal and then selling it for more money. Ford savings allows them to take money and make more metal:

"Deposits taken by Ford Money are used solely to support the funding of FCE’s operations and receivables base."

FirstDirect customers can get 7% on the regular savings account: https://www.firstdirect.com/savings-and-investments/savings/regular-saver-account/
Its capped to maximum of £300 per month going in though.

Interest example: If you save £300 every month for 12 months and qualify for the 7.00% AER/Gross p.a. interest rate, you'll earn approximately £136.50 interest (gross). Interest is calculated daily and paid 12 months after you opened the account. Sole accounts only and one account per person at one time.

Last edited:
Nationwide have a regular saver of 8pc.
Unfortunately it only allows 200ppm pay in.
But if you make deposits monthly from salary it's unbeatable for that 200ppm

Anyone still waiting for their Santander Easy Access Saver (Issue 24) letters through the post? Been 12 days and I've not received anything yet.

Given they sent me incorrect details via email about the intertest rate I'm having second thoughts about keeping the account.

Anyone still waiting for their Santander Easy Access Saver (Issue 24) letters through the post? Been 12 days and I've not received anything yet.

Given they sent me incorrect details via email about the intertest rate I'm having second thoughts about keeping the account.

I've received nothing but it's my second account with them so wasn't really expecting a letter if I'm honest,

What interest rate does it state in the app?

Last edited:
Shawbrook now at 5.02% but using them is like taking a nostalgia trip to the early days of Internet banking. Fast payment? Wots dat?

Wots worse are some small scale building societies, was looking at one not long ago with a good rate but you had to download an application form and post it to a branch along with original copies of ID. :p

I thought nah not worth the faff.

Last edited:
I've received nothing but it's my second account with them so wasn't really expecting a letter if I'm honest,

What interest rate does it state in the app?
Shows as 5.08% on both of mine.

Stuck a few thousand in each last week, I’m just hoping one of them doesn’t disappear!

YBS has a offer for existing customers; 7.00% Gross p.a./AER variable on balances up to £6,000

Interest paid at maturity. Withdrawals allowed on 1 day during the term of this account. Closure allowed.

Back
Top Bottom