Best savings account?

Since you are actually looking to put money aside each month then a regular saver would probably be your best bet, they tend to have higher rates than standard savers, you can get them in the 7% range, but unfortuantely they generally restrict the monthly deposit to 200 - 250.

Depending how easy it is for you to open other accounts, now that you live abroad, First Direct (who are linked with HSBC) offer a regular saver of 7% @ max £300 / month and you could put any excess in a standard saver, there's plenty of those around the 4.5 - 5% mark. Chase/Chip/Atom, all app only banks that are easy to open and manage.

Thanks, opened an FD account yesterday, with Regular Savers account. Will get an extra £175 switching from my HSBC account to them which is a nice bonus.

Do they do that? HSBC owns first direct so I didn't think they have bonuses in the same group.

Yea, unfortunately @malachi the T&C's for FD's switch bonus say

Sorry, we also can't offer this to people who have opened an HSBC current account on or after 1 January 2020.

Edit : Ahh right, no problem then if you've had it before then

Last edited:
Dont get one would be my tip :p

From what I've seen the rates are actually looking lower on the 3+ yr fixed then they are on the 1-2 yr, which shows they are expecting interest rates to drop by then.

Yeah.. But it's still better than fixing next probably when they'll be even lower.

Anyone open the Santander account and opt for monthly interest received theirs yet?

I opened my account 04/09 and added funds so was expecting the interest to be added today.

NatWest 5.2 easy access, as announced by MSE so I'm sure most are already aware.

Was tempted to move from Chase who continue to lag behind until I noticed interest is paid annually and I want to stick with monthly

Back
Top Bottom