Best savings account?

Put £10k in on 13th september, got £29.23 interest paid today on my santander. Coming from someone that has not had a savings account(never really had spare money to put in) i am quite shocked by how much that is paid.

Put £10k in on 13th september, got £29.23 interest paid today on my santander. Coming from someone that has not had a savings account(never really had spare money to put in) i am quite shocked by how much that is paid.

You will have £50 next month. It's quite a handy sum! Enough to cover my internet and my mobile bill.

Does anyone know how long the deposit period is for the NS&I 1 year guaranteed bond?

I've got a bunch of money maturing in a few weeks which I'd like to invest in the bond but don't want to see the product get pulled before then.

My Santander interest landed today too, a nice £67.

Although I noticed that Moneybox have released an easy-access cash ISA recently paying 5%. Tempted to get my wife to open that and dump the Santander savings into that instead.

I love interest especially now the rates have gone up to worth while rates. Got £40K in Tandem and got £166 in interest last month, can't beat free money. That's half my bills paid for the month and a few beers down the club. :cool:

My mate has a similar amount sat in his current account with zero interest, he's never had any other bank account in his life apart from his sole current account which was probably opened for him when he was still at school. Crazy.

I love interest especially now the rates have gone up to worth while rates. Got £40K in Tandem and got £166 in interest last month, can't beat free money. That's half my bills paid for the month and a few beers down the club. :cool:

My mate has a similar amount sat in his current account with zero interest, he's never had any other bank account in his life apart from his sole current account which was probably opened for him when he was still at school. Crazy.

Sometimes, I really really do not understand you :p :p

Unfortunately, the cost of your bills and your beer down the pub has likely gone up far more than 5% in the last few years :p

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom