• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Best stop gap card till new cards come out

Associate
OP
Thanks @Gibbo! Will wait till Thursday. Hopefully the Vegas go down in price. Will definitely have to order a card by Thursday. Need a desktop back in my life. Been on laptops for 5 years!!

Associate
OP
AMD deals are finally here. What do you guys suggest?

1. Buy Vega 64 and call it a day for two years or so
2. Buy Vega 56 as best price to performance card in the deals at the moment
3. Buy RX590 at £250

Would appreciate your advice.

Associate
OP
Where are you guys selling these games? Unfortunately no access to members market and I'm sure I need a LOT of posts before I can gain access :)
Im thinking bite the bullet, Vega 64, sell current monitor and buy a free sync one. And finally get back to desktop goodness.

Soldato
Where are you guys selling these games? Unfortunately no access to members market and I'm sure I need a LOT of posts before I can gain access :)
Im thinking bite the bullet, Vega 64, sell current monitor and buy a free sync one. And finally get back to desktop goodness.

You could sell them anywhere really, plenty of forums around. As for posts, about 1000. Doable before games releases. V64 is a great deal tbh, certainly nothing else threatening it in the near future (or now), for the price. Navi end of next year will be mostly identical in performance but cheaper (speculation from leaks) and the bigger badder GPUs are 2020-2021 launches.

Caporegime
You could sell them anywhere really, plenty of forums around. As for posts, about 1000. Doable before games releases. V64 is a great deal tbh, certainly nothing else threatening it in the near future (or now), for the price. Navi end of next year will be mostly identical in performance but cheaper (speculation from leaks) and the bigger badder GPUs are 2020-2021 launches.

There seems to be some worry as to whether they are possible to sell due to the AMD rewards site checking hardware. It appears that you may need to set up a "give awayable" account to someone so they can tie the Division 2 to their Uplay account. No one has confirmed about the other two games yet though as they are steam games and could just be codes given to you once the amd reward coupon is redeemed.

I would really like confirmation on this so i'm hoping someone will post in one of the related threads soon as to what happens :p

Associate
Guess it depends if your monitor upgrade is gsync or not. If it is then 1080ti is still a good buy. With all the negativity towards 2080ti (including massive outlay for one), it's probably propped up the s/h value of 1080ti and an easy sell on till next gen is here. It'll pull a 100hz+ UW along all day long.

No gsync then vega obvious choice!

Associate
I really want a vega 64 but I dont know if it is worth £100 more than the vega 56. Need to decide before they sell out.
That is a good question. The answer is it depends on a number of factors. How much are you prepared to tweak and the silicon lottery. From what I have read the v56 either comes with Samsung HBM or Hynix HBM. The Samsung HBM overclocks well the Hynix memory does not. I would have a look at the vega 56 owners thread to see what they are up to. My 64 is great under water but was terrible on the reference caller. I understand the v56 does not run as hot but you are still going to need a well vented case. Some of the v56 peeps have used vega 64 firmware to increase clocks while having fun with under volting as well.

Back
Top Bottom