Best X570 Motherboards

Soldato
@orbitalwalsh will mini-dtx fit most itx cases

Im rocking a thermaltake v21 which can take itx and matx

Not @orbitalwalsh but can answer that question :p
Mini DTX is basically mitx + ~33mm. So most cases that can take a mitx board should be able to fix a mini DTX board.
Specifically for your example (TT v21) if it can hold a standard Matx board, it will 100% take a mini DTX board.

^^^ like a boss !

Only ones I can think of are single slot PCI are media based cases and their half heights cards mostly :)

Man of Honour
iTX, your always going to be greased up ;)
lube at the ready lol :D

there's never been much in the mATX line?
indeed...seems like MATX is the poor man's ATX for AM4
hopefully the asrock x570m pro4 would bring better stuff to the market.
but it's still low-mid (more low than mid) end in terms of X570 boards.

but hopefully it'll sell well and there'll be better specced MATX boards in future.
need a rog crosshair gene lol

Soldato
Surprised Asus hasn't brought across their mATX from.z390 line up... Might be if this x590 Chipset ever comes out.

Such a shame as can keep VRM all the same.. just a shorter board . Chipset cooling should just be doable , heatpipe to VRM heatsink should get it done

Associate
Surprised Asus hasn't brought across their mATX from.z390 line up... Might be if this x590 Chipset ever comes out.

Such a shame as can keep VRM all the same.. just a shorter board . Chipset cooling should just be doable , heatpipe to VRM heatsink should get it done

Especially considering people are running fewer expansion cards these days... USB DACs have killed off the high end sound card market and WiFi is built in, so it's not like there's much to do with those 1x slots. I'd happily take a Crosshair mATX if it meant I could get away with a smaller case without the usual itx compromises.

Soldato
Especially considering people are running fewer expansion cards these days... USB DACs have killed off the high end sound card market and WiFi is built in, so it's not like there's much to do with those 1x slots. I'd happily take a Crosshair mATX if it meant I could get away with a smaller case without the usual itx compromises.

seems now mATX cases can just squeeze in 360 rad or 280 up top or at front - just enough to cool 9900k . VRM space is the same too- aorus doesn't have any plans , heard few expressed views they should be seems no go- not sure if Gigabyte version would come out like z390 did .

Associate
seems now mATX cases can just squeeze in 360 rad or 280 up top or at front - just enough to cool 9900k . VRM space is the same too- aorus doesn't have any plans , heard few expressed views they should be seems no go- not sure if Gigabyte version would come out like z390 did .

Yep - a 280m in the front would be plenty. Add 2 or 3 2.5" mounts on the back of the mobo tray and it's got my money.

It just seems bonkers not to offer it from a marketing perspective - especially given that it'll be compatible with atx cases anyway.

Soldato
Well another retailer, this time in Austria listing prices.
The Auorus Pro is a stonking Eur380 while the Ultra is Eur430.

When I compare prices on half a dozen popular X470 and Z390 boards there is approx 30% difference between the Price in £ and Euro which adjusts these to £295 and £330 respectively.
Somewhat expected given the little difference between the two but definitely on the expensive side as I was hopeful the pro would come in at £250 or less.

Caporegime
Well another retailer, this time in Austria listing prices.
The Auorus Pro is a stonking Eur380 while the Ultra is Eur430.

When I compare prices on half a dozen popular X470 and Z390 boards there is approx 30% difference between the Price in £ and Euro which adjusts these to £295 and £330 respectively.
Somewhat expected given the little difference between the two but definitely on the expensive side as I was hopeful the pro would come in at £250 or less.
Damn, pricing is ridiculous on these. I’m considering whether or not to stick with X470 tbh.

Man of Honour
I’m considering whether or not to stick with X470 tbh.
if you're getting a 6 or 8 core, x470 VRMs are fine.
if you don't need pcie4 (99.99% of people don't) then x470 is fine. pcie4 only really needed for stuff like raid nvme drives etc...which is real world usage won't see much improvement outside of a few select cases. gpus can't even take full advantage of pcie3 x16 outside of sli titans etc...
if you're going to get a 12 core and give it a mild shove, x470 board with good vrms are fine.

reasons to get x570 -
because you want to
because you're going to hammer a 12c with a ginormous overclock
getting a 16c + oc
actually need pcie4, and not for the willy-waving...

Soldato
X470 Taichi, Auous gaming 7 or Crosshair 7 are all good boards, with PBO overclock, negative vcore and beefy VRM's for 12c 16c.

You'll run out of cooling way before you best the VRM on these unless you have LN2.

I'd like to see x570 UK prices before buying, but all of the above are on my short list though taichi looks best value.

Associate
So far from what I see I would probably go for the x570 Taichi unless the UK price is stupid. Was hoping for decent prices and have been waiting with high anticipation for 8 months but quite dissappointed with the prices on x570. Any new tech product these days gets quite expensive compared to previous generations.

I might go for an x470 instead it is just I want to get the latest and greatest since I only make a new desktop only when I need to. Currently I am still running on a p775, Q9550 processor but it doesn't like my new vega 56 :p at 1080p.

I will definitelly wait for reviews and I might even try to wait untill the 3950x to be released although I cannot wait any longer. I got parts for this new build bought last Christmas and still haven't built my Pc :p

Back
Top Bottom