Best X570 Motherboards

Associate
Can i ask whats supposed to be better with the x570 over the 470s ? Im still on socket 1151 so that kinda tells you have farvout of the loop i am. Im looking to upgrade this year and will probably be to a Amd 3600x/3700x

Associate
Can i ask whats supposed to be better with the x570 over the 470s ? Im still on socket 1151 so that kinda tells you have farvout of the loop i am. Im looking to upgrade this year and will probably be to a Amd 3600x/3700x

Until the reviews arrive we will not know if there is a small performance uplift for the X570 against the X470. X570s all offer more features and better VRM's but will be more expensive in the £200-800 range. When you can get good X470's starting at around £130.

Caporegime
The main thing seems to be PCI-E 4, even though it’s gonna make little to most. The boards also look like they have much better VRM. This helps overclocking and stability. There’s other smaller improvements, it depends on what board you get.

Also, some less techie people might like the fact that Ryzen 3 is plug and play in the 570, whereas 470 and below needs a bios flash to achieve compatibility.

Associate

At the moment all we can say is that if you take the same tier board (eg Crosshair Hero), the x570 version will be more expensive than the x470 version (how much more expensive remains to be seen). For the extra money, you get a more beefy VRM and PCIe 4.0 across the board (so all PCIe and m.2 slots). With x470, you get a weaker VRM and PCIe 3.0 on your CPU-driven slots only (so the 16/8x slots and 1x m.2 slot), with all your other slots and m.2s being PCIe 2.0.

For your use case, the main advantages of x570 would be the stronger VRM if you're considering upgrading to a 12 or 16 core at some point in the future and the ability to run multiple PCIe 3.0 or 4.0 m.2 drives at full speed. I'm planning on a 3700x build and potentially switching to a 3900x or 3950x when the next gen hits.

Associate
Until the reviews arrive we will not know if there is a small performance uplift for the X570 against the X470. X570s all offer more features and better VRM's but will be more expensive in the £200-800 range. When you can get good X470's starting at around £130.

The main thing seems to be PCI-E 4, even though it’s gonna make little to most. The boards also look like they have much better VRM. This helps overclocking and stability. There’s other smaller improvements, it depends on what board you get.

Also, some less techie people might like the fact that Ryzen 3 is plug and play in the 570, whereas 470 and below needs a bios flash to achieve compatibility.

At the moment all we can say is that if you take the same tier board (eg Crosshair Hero), the x570 version will be more expensive than the x470 version (how much more expensive remains to be seen). For the extra money, you get a more beefy VRM and PCIe 4.0 across the board (so all PCIe and m.2 slots). With x470, you get a weaker VRM and PCIe 3.0 on your CPU-driven slots only (so the 16/8x slots and 1x m.2 slot), with all your other slots and m.2s being PCIe 2.0.

For your use case, the main advantages of x570 would be the stronger VRM if you're considering upgrading to a 12 or 16 core at some point in the future and the ability to run multiple PCIe 3.0 or 4.0 m.2 drives at full speed. I'm planning on a 3700x build and potentially switching to a 3900x or 3950x when the next gen hits.

Thanx guys i dont really know what to do. Its for gaming but im only upgrading my cpu motherboard and ram for now. Il be keeping my SSD and other 2 hard drives as is and il also be keeping my 1070 gpu for the next 2 years. I was only planning in going 3600x but ive been told 8 cored would probably better for next gen gaming so 3700x would be the better cpu to get and dont even get me started of memory as i aint got a clue either ha

Caporegime
Thanx guys i dont really know what to do. Its for gaming but im only upgrading my cpu motherboard and ram for now. Il be keeping my SSD and other 2 hard drives as is and il also be keeping my 1070 gpu for the next 2 years. I was only planning in going 3600x but ive been told 8 cored would probably better for next gen gaming so 3700x would be the better cpu to get and dont even get me started of memory as i aint got a clue either ha
What’s your budget for all 3?

Associate
Ah... that is good to know :)
Extra Lighting inside got to be good & effects,
Like the ARGB LEDs on the side of motherboard.

I have Asus B450-I, in my draw due to AI Suit, once installed it random Freeze my PC &
only way was to do a hard reset by power button then only to have it happen again & again,
Not sure its the windows 10 update builds doing it or bit of Asus software bug,

Also tried the AI suit latest & old on my Asus X470 PRIME PRO...same thing happens
all fine once AI suit uninstalled

Last edited:
Soldato
Ah... that is good to know :)
Extra Lighting inside got to be good & effects,
Like the ARGB LEDs on the side of motherboard.
Easily worth the £30 premium.

On a serious note, I think there are a couple of differences betwixt the 2. I think the B450 will drop the GPU slot to 8x if you use the 2nd M.2, whereas the X470 doesn't?

Edit: apparently the X470 also supports the Athlons. Yeah, logic :p
Edit 2: Nope, X470 will drop the GPU slot to 8x with a 2nd M.2

Last edited:
Associate
Anybody with a Asus b450-I or X470-I ITX
See if the ASUS AI Suite 3 makes your PC freeze/blank screen
I Rely on this AI Suit for the Fan Expert 4 ,For me its a must have.

Ya David also they have 2 X Case Fan headers :)
true 6 + 2 phase also

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom